Funny thing about my wipers

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damchi

Can someone please check this on their Rav4. On my windshield wiper controls the intermittent setting is wired backwards. When I move the control up to increase the intermittent time on the wipers it shortens the time and the opposite happens when I move the control dial down. It's reversed from what the manual says page 238. I would like to know if its just my car or all the Rav4 EVs. I have other Toyota SUVs and they are all correct.

Damchi said:
Can someone please check this on their Rav4. On my windshield wiper controls the intermittent setting is wired backwards. When I move the control up to increase the intermittent time on the wipers it shortens the time and the opposite happens when I move the control dial down. It's reversed from what the manual says page 238. I would like to know if its just my car or all the Rav4 EVs. I have other Toyota SUVs and they are all correct.

I thought it was just me. Yes, it is backwards. Actually, looking at the manual, it does just what the manual says it does. However, this is opposite than all other cars (I just checked my Prius). Normally, the long bars up top mean a slow wipe (longer delay between swipes), while the shorter bars below mean a faster wipe.

However, mine only slow down when I rotate the lever down. I'm glad it's not just my car.

My wiper intermittent switch is backwards also. Faster with the switch set to the wider band and slower at the narrow band. Come on Toyota, where's your QC???

Back