Will A ICE Rav4 Bumper and Windshield Work On Our EV Rav4

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conan

Had a minor fender bender and I am pretty sure I need to replace the bumper. Anyone know if the gas version of our cars bumper works on our EV?

Also, got a crack in my windshield from a rock. It spiderwebbed instantly so cant fix, must replace. 950 at the dealership. 175 at one of those replace your windshield shops. 175 seems a little low. They said its OEM but I am not sure I believe that. Also, they quoted me for the 2009 Gas Rav4 not the EV.

Conan said:
Had a minor fender bender and I am pretty sure I need to replace the bumper. Anyone know if the gas version of our cars bumper works on our EV?

Also, got a crack in my windshield from a rock. It spiderwebbed instantly so cant fix, must replace. 950 at the dealership. 175 at one of those replace your windshield shops. 175 seems a little low. They said its OEM but I am not sure I believe that. Also, they quoted me for the 2009 Gas Rav4 not the EV.

Windshield is different (thicker) and front bumper is obviously different (I assume you mean the bumper facia, and not the actual bumper).

I'm confident that the thinner oil windshield would work (maybe with different weatherstripping) and if you changed to the oil burner headlights, you could probably use the oil burner front bumper.

As always, use parts from 2006-2012 RAV4.

The rear bumper is the same as the gas version, I bought a new one for $100 on ebay, painting was $150.

pchilds said:
The rear bumper is the same as the gas version, I bought a new one for $100 on ebay, painting was $150.

It was the rear bumper... I need to install the tow hitch wiring so I need to remove the bumper anyways.

Where did you get it painted? How did it turn out?

Just took a rock on my windshield and the crack was unfixable.
I just had the windshield replaced with OEM glass, good thing I have an OEM rider on the vehicle.
Cost was just over $1000 out the door, deductible was $100. Installer said it was an easy install.

According to the installer, the EV model Part Number is only used on the Rav4 EV.
He thinks it is a slightly different size made special for the EV.
He said there are 9 other windshields for the ICE Rav4s.

He also noted that the EV has a rain sensor module mounted on the windshield clip, but the windshield has a blacked out panel where the sensor looks through. I guess the rain sensor never made it into production.

Scott

Back