Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Buying a RAV in Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 am 

I will have to get some comparable listings to see what is reasonable.
A quick look online shows the dealers in Seattle are asking $19K to $22K.
The Model 3 deliveries have slipped so I am not too excited to let it go yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm 

If you or anyone is interested I have a 2012 - Pearl White - 128,100 miles, JdeMO, new motor with all Tesla updates, non-smoker, second owner - asking $18,500

Edit: SOLD

Last edited by quake on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:23 pm 

First post to the forum! I feel a bit voyeur like as I've actually been secretly reading posts since early January and the discussions have been extremely helpful. Thanks to all who dedicate time and energy to these listings.

I wasn't sure where (under which subject) to post but I finally purchased a 2014 in February out of Seattle. I imported to Canada (I live in Victoria, British Columbia). Was able to make sure all the vehicle inspection or points listed on this site were checked off and found that my EV had just had its motor replaced.

At time of purchase - I can say I was fully informed about the risks - and that I'd have to go to Seattle for any service work. Of course, blinded by enthusiasm, I dove head first into the purchase. I love the car......however this isn't the reason for my post :)

A few weeks back, my wife was introduced to the 'shift to neutral' feature that seems to display itself in some vehicles. I drove it the rest of the way home that day (we happened to be following each other) and didn't notice anything. Next day, I got to experience it myself. So, I've begun the process of seeking repair and thought that maybe some others in Canada might like to be aware of the path that is being forged (fortunately or unfortunately by me). I called my local Toyota dealer to see whether they would run diagnostic codes for me - they refused saying they are not trained in this vehicle. I explained (because of my knowledge gained from this site) that they could at least run the codes. They refused again, so I took it to my regular CEV garage - who was quite happy to run the codes from the Toyota side. Here's what they can up with:

EV ECU - Current (and history) Codes
P170F | Undocumented Code
P312F | Electric Propulsion Control Module Requested MIL Illumination
U1146 | Lost Communication with Electric Propulsion Control System Gateway

Navigation System - History codes:
B1585 | USB device Malfunction

PM1 Gateway - History Codes:
U0146 | Lost Communication with Gateway "A"

My Mechanic tried the Tesla plug but he said it wouldn't 'light up his scanner'.

So, I've followed up with Toyota Motor Sales (with the codes) and they asked that I begin through seeing whether Toyota Canada would get involved. As concerned as they were for the dangers the Neutral shifting was, they provided and official response to me:

We appreciate you reporting this to us. Your RAV4 EV is not supported for service at Canadian Dealers. Please contact TMS for assistance on this matter.

So, Last weekend I towed it to Port Angeles to what so far seems like a very helpful Toyota service department and they have done and initial inspection (same codes) but require the roaming technician to come do the Tesla readings. That should occur sometime next week. Still hopeful that this service department can do the actual fixes, once determined and that I don't have to get it towed into Seattle for repairs.

Anyways... because I've seen about five Rav4 EVs on Vancouver Island that this might be helpful info. Will post an update once I know more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:17 pm 

New to the forum!!

I purchased a 2014 Rav4 EV in the summer. I live in the Vancouver area. Has any other RavEV in the area found a place to change their battery coolant at the 80k Km recommended interval? I calculated I have about 6 months of driving until I’m in need of the fluid exchange.

It looks like the last person was going to have their vehicle looked at, at the port angeles Toyota by a roaming tech. I’m wondering if the same roaming tech would be available in Bellingham?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:12 am 

Does this vehicle have the most current firmware? Tesla 1.3.101 ???

When was it imported to the Great White North? There is a US Government recall for the "shifting into neutral" while driving, and that was a function of a bad speed sensor. They fixed it with software.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:02 pm 

Not sure about the firmware update.I think it would have been done, I purchased the vehicle in the summer and they said it had no active recalls on it.