Back up beeping

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blastphemy said:
yblaser said:
Bummer, I was planning on getting my car serviced there and have them change the beeping at the same time. I guess I will give them a call before a schedule an appointment and let them know if they want my business they are going to need to disable the beeping.
There's no cost for regular 5,000-mile servicing of the Rav4 EV for the first three years (unless you need to replace tires or brakes).
Yes i know but the dealer does get money from Toyota for the service and if I get my free service done there I'm more likely to pay for service there later, maybe.

I am betting this is the same as on the Prius, here are manual instructions for that.

http://priuschat.com/threads/turn-off-reverse-beep-mac-instructions-ii.127786/

the2bobs said:
I got mine from Carson Toyota and they wouldn't disable the beep for "liability concerns." Since the incessant beeping only makes me reverse that much quicker to stop the noise the exact opposite should be true. I'll have to find a different local dealer for my next service who is a little more customer focused.

I went to Carson Toyota for my 5k service yesterday and they disabled the backup beeping without a problem. They said they would normally charge for the service but would make a one time exception since I bought the vehicle there.

This $30 dongle from Amazon cured my beeps: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9B32J4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 "Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software"

It took a little bit of fussing around with the software to get it installed, but once everything is talking to each other it was very simple to adjust configurable settings like reverse beeps, lighting delays, door unlocking. I like being able to do this myself.

Hi hanta,

Where can one find the Toyota Telestream software to operate this? Is this something freely available? That would be great if it was!

hanta said:
This $30 dongle from Amazon cured my beeps: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9B32J4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 "Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software"

It took a little bit of fussing around with the software to get it installed, but once everything is talking to each other it was very simple to adjust configurable settings like reverse beeps, lighting delays, door unlocking. I like being able to do this myself.

I'm posting some of the comments from Amazon on the above product:

Works great on lexus also, which I figured but still a small chance it wouldn't.

Pros:

Works great and allows you to change all those pesky dealer only options, but it also allows you to run realtime diagnostics and see real time values for all sorts of well....EVERYTHING...

Its about as cheap as cheap can get, price wise. For less than 25% of the price of 1 dealer option change you can own this. The product is great.

Cons:

The instructions suck (I will post proper instructions at the bottom for installing the software)

I am getting a malware warning but nothing a good antivirus wont catch and get rid of.

And thats about it on the Cons.

Now on to the install instructions:

1. Windows XP ONLY nothing else will work.
2. Put the mini cd in and copy and extract all the files to a folder on your desktop.
3. First install "Toyota Techstream 8.00.034.exe"
4. Then install "Techstream_Update_V8.10.021.exe"
5. Then install "J2534 - Mangoose Pro.exe"
6. Then install "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi"

you will be prompted to plug in the adapter and do so when you and enter the key from the "TISKEY.exe" file when prompted.

It is an awesome tool.

First off let me tell you this works 100% on my 2012 FJ Cruiser! Very pleased with the result, wanted to get rid of the annoying no seat belt warning buzzer.

!!PLEASE BE AWARE!!: This does not work on Windows 7 64 bit. It will run on Windows 8 32 bit. It will run on Windows 7 32 bit and was made for Windows XP (Either 32 or 64 bit work excellent)

A previous comment on here says you should be tech savy to use this cable. Very true.

If you have Something other than the previous Operating systems, ie if you have Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit, this WILL NOT WORK Properly. The MVCI driver will NOT install, I can promise you that.

But do not fear, here's the important thing you need to know. You can get it to work perfectly,you just need a Virtual Machine with a bootable .iso of Windows XP (32 or 64 bit doesn't matter). Boot that and install this techstream software on the VM, then connect to your car. voila! works.

Oh, 5/5 for this cable as an alternative to the OEM $500 Mongoose cable!

How much can this cable do exactly?

I have a couple annoyances Id love to fix.
1. You know that drop down that appears when you hit the music note? It drops down for like 5 seconds and disappears. Id like it to remain exposed until I hit the X.
2. I hate that every time I hit the ipod like button below the screen, then select radio, the music source automatically switches to XM radio. I listen to all different sources and sometimes I want to check and see whos playing. If I am listening to something via USB it automatically changes to XM radio. I then have to select USB again just to see who was playing.

Any chance I can change these two things?

jimbo69ny said:
How much can this cable do exactly?

I have a couple annoyances Id love to fix.
1. You know that drop down that appears when you hit the music note? It drops down for like 5 seconds and disappears. Id like it to remain exposed until I hit the X.
2. I hate that every time I hit the ipod like button below the screen, then select radio, the music source automatically switches to XM radio. I listen to all different sources and sometimes I want to check and see whos playing. If I am listening to something via USB it automatically changes to XM radio. I then have to select USB again just to see who was playing.

Any chance I can change these two things?
1. That's not configurable.
2. I don't see this behavior. When I press the home button (physical button with square symbol below screen) and then press Radio, I get whatever was my last used station, which for me is always an FM station since I don't use XM.

As for the automatic screen changing thing, go to the settings screen (gear icon) and then to General settings and turn "Auto Screen Change" off. Although, that said, that option causes it to constantly switch to the map, not the XM screen but perhaps your unit is possessed. ;)

Update: see follow-up comments for mystery/possession solved.

yblaser said:
USB is not radio so you have to hit the media icon not the radio icon if you are on USB and want to stay on USB.
Oh, *that's* what he meant by hitting Radio and getting XM! (I was confused by that comment.) Yes, exactly: if you want to go back to a USB or Bluetooth source, hit Media not Radio.

Oh ok. I'll try that. Is there a radio square and a media square? I'll have to check when I get back to my car.

They really should've just had an "audio" button like in the pip.

Back