Buying vs. Leasing a RAV4 EV?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ask when your chioce of color is in because you will be on your way immediately.
Then follow through. Diane will give you the best deal for lease or purchase.
I recommend the lease.

I spoke to Dianne on the phone today and I was quoted a lease payment of 513.85 per month for 36 months and unlimited miles with a residual value of 18,924. The selling price is 49,688. I was expecting a lease payment of below 500 a month and selling price closer to 48K based on what I have read.

Any thoughts?

-Steve

swogee said:
I spoke to Dianne on the phone today and I was quoted a lease payment of 513.85 per month for 36 months and unlimited miles with a residual value of 18,924. The selling price is 49,688. I was expecting a lease payment of below 500 a month and selling price closer to 48K based on what I have read.

Any thoughts?

-Steve
The residual used to be higher. I don't remember when, but it used to be $19,920. That would mean that you would have to pay for less of the car in the lease payments. That is the main difference that I see. That alone would drop the payment by more than $27/mo.

That is the deal. It is 36 months but zero down so actually just 35 payments. Basically the same deal I did, no regrets.
Actually I rolled some negative into mine so my payments are just over $800.
I think your unlimited mile residual is about $500 lower than mine.

swogee said:

Any thoughts?

-Steve

$514 includes tax, the $4xx price does not. The lease payment is higher than earlier this year due to lower residual and slightly higher selling price.

swogee said:

Any thoughts?

-Steve
I paid 48265 from toyota of SM, they were awesome, talk to Tom. It's also nice to support the local dealers, and you can drive directly home. If you ever head south Santa Barbara has a good network of chargers as well as Solvang. I made it to Atascadero last weekend on a charge, charged at the banks tesla L2 and then home with 4 bars left, ran the ac and drove 70. Good luck.
Jeff

I paid 48,467 from Toyota of SM... and yes they were great. 1000.00 Out of Pocket - Payments 449.00 per month Tax inc. - unlimited miles + they took my 2010 Prius with 8000 over mileage, significant Bumper damage and paid it off!. I have ZERO Complaints. Plus a few miles from work and they will take me and pick me up for service as needed.

Back