chargers are filled with the Volts and Prius Plug Ins

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nevermind, everyone is on board except for the one guy who went on vacation. Hopefully he will know to move once he sees our note

It's etiquette.
I want you to know that I am both a PlugIn owner and an EV owner.
I would never plug in my PHEV publically for a moment longer than I needed to charge it. If I didn't have control over that timing issue, like being in some meeting or airport and not able to run out 1.5 hours after I plugged on a level 2 or 3.25 hours after a 1, I'd just NOT charge it at all.

I have thought about making one of those vinyl removable window things that you can write on and wipe off that says:
I started charging at ______am/pm and should be done by ________am/pm and will come out and move this car right when it's done. Thanks!

That should calm others' anxiety or create awareness that they should just try again then. I'm thinking about making them and giving them to my PHEV and EV clients free. Peel off/on.

What do you think?

$40 fine for staying longer than 3 hours. ( Santa Monica policy) is still the best.
People trying to save a few bucks by plugging in WILL have to pay almost a full tank of gas. ( how i love the irony!)

it's like everything else, if you get caught with an expired meter, anywhere, you get a ticket.

Dianne said:
It's etiquette.
I want you to know that I am both a PlugIn owner and an EV owner.
I would never plug in my PHEV publically for a moment longer than I needed to charge it. If I didn't have control over that timing issue, like being in some meeting or airport and not able to run out 1.5 hours after I plugged on a level 2 or 3.25 hours after a 1, I'd just NOT charge it at all.

I have thought about making one of those vinyl removable window things that you can write on and wipe off that says:
I started charging at ______am/pm and should be done by ________am/pm and will come out and move this car right when it's done. Thanks!

That should calm others' anxiety or create awareness that they should just try again then. I'm thinking about making them and giving them to my PHEV and EV clients free. Peel off/on.

What do you think?

Thats a good idea Dianne. You never know, you might start a trend. :cool:

Dianne said:
It's etiquette.
http://www.evchargernews.com/chargingprotocol.htm has cards similar to what you suggest.

Back