Finding charging stations

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sobayimage

Is there a service that reliably lists the location of all working charging stations? I live in the South Bay and have found web sites listing some but not all of the charging stations in my area. I suspect this is true for other places. Some listed are have not been working for a year or more, some have been removed and for example Torrance Memorial Hospital said they didn’t have a charging station even though they are listed on Charge-Point as having three. I don't have a smart phone so is it possible to download charging stations to my car's computer by other means?

Since many are free there is not much incentive to identify all of them. It's kind of like finding a good list of all public restrooms. Best you can hope for is a "really good" list.

There is a charging station at the local Ford dealer....it's less than 1 mile from my house and I drive by it every day at least twice. It's not posted online anywhere that I've seen and I've never seen anyone plugged into it. More often than not the spot is ice'd by a customer since they put it right in front of the dealership's main doors.

Plug share lets you give feedback which is great for checking if a site is still active.

Plugshare is the "best" source i've found. Every so often i find a charging station thats not on any site though (one of those was actually on the Charging Station map app in the Rav4. Anyone know what its "data source" is?)

One advantage of plugshare is its crowdsourced, so you often find chargers that no other network has. (I added the Amador county one to it myself since it wasnt there for instance). This is especially true of municipal ones since they're usually not hooked up to one of the big networks like Blink or Chargepoint.

Back