Phantom Drain

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vach said:
Well, barring apparent immaturity and lack of evidence, I feel this thread contains much more discussion than submission. If you don't want to be a part of it you are free to believe whatever stoop you want.....
Things I think would be worth knowing: what is being measured in the charge read? How does the system measure it? Does the thermal control system turn on when the car is off? Is there some sort of residual drain as the car finishes settling....
And you of all people should understand the importance of discovering warranty issues now so that people don't have their car sitting in Toyota dealerships instead of their garages. Especially people out of state.

The GOM has nothing to do with all the other issues you submitted. I'm not sure what the heck "stoop" is referring to. I personally don't "believe" anything to do with the GOM, yet the threads about GOM accuracy go on forever. Coming from the LEAF, the GOM is a common newbie focus. I'm not sure what things that you think I "don't want to be part of".... the GOM is it. I waste exactly zero mental energy on it.

I'll be frank. After some of the goofy PM's and bizarro accusations I've gotten from you, I honestly have no idea what the heck you're talking about some of the time. This post above is yet another one. I've spent more time pulling this car apart, probing, measuring, modifying, etc, than you'll do in a lifetime. I publish most things right here to share with everybody, just like I did (and do) with the LEAF. So when some wanker takes pot shots at me, I tend to call them out for the stupid bullshit that I think it is.

To your specific issues listed, I don't know what a "charge read" is. We already know the TMS doesn't work with the car off; not much to discover. I don't know what "residual drain" you're referring to. If it's the relatively simple act of balancing the thousands of cells, yes that's a drain that gets recharged at the conclusion of balancing. If it's the GOM changing, I think you're wasting your time.

Warranty issues have nothing to do with the GOM. Again, you're tough to follow.

Oh my Goodness, I feel you are misinterpreting my words. I'll try to help you understand what I am talking about. I'll try to be careful, as I don't want a moderator re-organizing or deleting my posts.

TonyWilliams said:
The GOM has nothing to do with all the other issues you submitted.
TonyWilliams said:
If it's the GOM changing, I think you're wasting your time.
And most importantly:

TonyWilliams said:
I'm not sure what things that you think I "don't want to be part of".... the GOM is it. I waste exactly zero mental energy on it.
Then why are you responding to this thread at all? If you feel that this thread is entirely based on the GOM being stupid, which it is (according to you) in all electric cars - except the Tesla Model S - why fuel the fire? Wouldn't it be better if you didn't say anything as you don't want to waste any mental energy on it?

TonyWilliams said:
I personally don't "believe" anything to do with the GOM, yet the threads about GOM accuracy go on forever. Coming from the LEAF, the GOM is a common newbie focus.
Strange, I don't remember reading anywhere that a requirement to join this, and other forums like it, were absolute experience with the vehicle. I would assume that many, many... people are new to electric cars, and are going to question the instrumentation.

TonyWilliams said:
I've spent more time pulling this car apart, probing, measuring, modifying, etc, than you'll do in a lifetime.
You presume to know quite a lot. With your experience, would you mind telling us what the problem is on the much larger and more complicated "Screen of Death" thread? Or is that the reason you don't work for Tesla and/or another Car Manufacturer?

TonyWilliams said:
To your specific issues listed, I don't know what a "charge read" is. We already know the TMS doesn't work with the car off; not much to discover. I don't know what "residual drain" you're referring to. If it's the relatively simple act of balancing the thousands of cells, yes that's a drain that gets recharged at the conclusion of balancing.
Well, not much more I can explain here. It's frustrating when you don't give me specific questions to help you find the knowable answers to; more than likely you are referring to my first two questions, in which case I apologize I figured it was obvious. I am talking about what me and Ampster were talking about, how exactly the battery is read to the instrumentation. If you knew about the TMS specifically, why did you ask others to research about it in another thread? I'd like to know exactly when it turns on, please.

As for the last bit, thanks for that. Good to know.

TonyWilliams said:
Warranty issues have nothing to do with the GOM.
I would think if a primary part of the instrument cluster stopped work, it would be a warranty issue.

TonyWilliams said:
I'll be frank. After some of the goofy PM's and bizarro accusations I've gotten from you, I honestly have no idea what the heck you're talking about some of the time.
TonyWilliams said:
I publish most things right here to share with everybody, just like I did (and do) with the LEAF. So when some wanker takes pot shots at me, I tend to call them out for the stupid bullshit that I think it is.
As I understand, it seems we have resorted to name calling and talking publicly about things meant to be in private. That doesn't seem like a good way to incite debate, conversation, and critical thinking. Seems like you have some kind of personal problem there.

TonyWilliams said:
I'm not sure what the heck "stoop" is referring to.
Read a book.

Vach said:
Seems like you have some kind of personal problem there.

I will begin deleting / editing further posts like this. You have been warned.

Ultimately, that may result in further posts by you and your IP address being banned / blocked from the forum.

This thread is locked from further posts.

Thanks,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back