Remote climate control

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understand in another thread... to be able to use the remote climate control you need to have AT&T coverage where the car is park? And can it activate the heater or it's only good to cool the car?

Thanks

I believe that is true, about having to have AT&T coverage. I"ve tried it a few times, and I can only get it to cool, but then I haven't tried it when it's really cold here in SoCal yet. I'm not sure where you can set the temperature. or even if you can. Also sometimes it does not work when you're not plugged in, or when your battery level is lower than half capacity. Really tho, I haven't the chance to play with it yet.

I just assumed it turned the climate control on, and whatever the last setting was is what it's going to cool/heat to.
So if the car is above 50% SOC and one activates the remote climate, the blowers will turn on. If you drove to work with eco hi setting and 73F, then that's what it will turn on again when activated.

Just a guess though.

Back