Shark Fin antenna

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSki

Ok, the attenna has to go. I had what I think is the same thing on my Prius and changed it out for a Shark fin and really liked the look and no difference in reception.

I can't seem to find any shark fins for the 2012 Rav 4. Anyone have one of these yet? Is the antenna the same as the regular rav 4?

As a follow up, I purchased a Blizzard Pearl shark fin from Prius chat and installed it last night.

Fits and functions perfect and looks so much better.

BSki said:
As a follow up, I purchased a Blizzard Pearl shark fin from Prius chat and installed it last night.

Fits and functions perfect and looks so much better.
Did you get from Priuschat store or someone on the forum? Also can you post a pic? Thanks!

This is where I purchased it. I have the same one on my PiP.

https://shop.priuschat.com/product_info.php?cPath=18&products_id=30&osCsid=dnhmge6pfhmgc6i8d9mqaj4kk6

I will take pics later and post tomorrow.

BSki said:
This is where I purchased it. I have the same one on my PiP.

https://shop.priuschat.com/product_info.php?cPath=18&products_id=30&osCsid=dnhmge6pfhmgc6i8d9mqaj4kk6

I will take pics later and post tomorrow.
Great. Thanks!

does this come with any mounting instructions?
is the factory antenna easy to get off?
Don't really see any screws up there.
Thanks

Yes, there are mounting instructions in the package. The factory antenna unscrews from the base. The 'fin antenna screws into the base and is essentially double-stick taped to the roof, covering the antenna base. The whole process takes < 10-15 minutes, depending on how precise one gets with the placement.

Vach said:
^^^^

So you don't have to unscrew anything from the inside of the rear of the car? Or by taking upholstery off?

Nope. Unscrew the antenna. Screw the shark fin on. Tape in place.

Done.

Danny from the PriusChat Shop told me: "I actually need to check and see if we can take additional orders for Shark Fins right now. I believe the manufacturer was halting shipping until mid-July. Let me double check and I'll get back to you.

Prices are going up in mid-July, too, so if you guys want to do a Group Buy at your forum (I'm guessing myrav4ev.com?), I can see about knocking a few bucks off. Once the prices go up, I'm guessing they'll go up at least $10-15 per unit."

I am getting one, regardless of price, but if there are a couple of others in the market...

Thanks

craig

Vach said:
The forum isn't really organized that way. I'd only want one; I'm not sure about anyone else here.

I understand. I just want one, but if enough people say they want one - I will organize the "group", though I suspect the discount isn't really worth all the effort. :)

c/

Its the exact same fin that I used on my Prius. Danny checked with the manufacturer, but didn't get back to me. Then one day, the fin showed up.

This is what I ordered from the site that fit perfect.

1 x Toyota RAV4 Shark Fin Antenna (RAV4 Shark Fin) = $74.00
Year 2007
Color Blizzard Pearl (070

I need to find one in the Shoreline Blue Pearl. If anyone has a reference link, please post it. TIA!

Back