Tell your friends: 0.00% financing and $5,000 cash!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manhattan beach Toyota has the offer running on the web page. Call Gabe in Internet sales. He sold me my car, before this offer.

Dsinned said:
Nevertheless, if anyone interested in buying a RAV4 EV, finds a dealer particularly in the Southern CA area, who offers both incentives, my suggestion to you is, JUMP ON IT - IMMEDIATELY!!! :mrgreen:

I jumped!

Got my silver 2012 Rav4 EV yesterday at Roseville Toyota (They do have the 0%+$5,000 off for buyers and it is on their website now).

I was on the fence after renting one (and loving it) on Monday and then I saw the new deal in So Cal. That was enough to get me to start calling dealers down south, but boy was I glad I also reached a knowledgable guy at my local dealer instead!

Coincidentally, there was another gentleman and his wife picking up a white one the very hour I took delivery.

I haven't scheduled my charger installation yet... So I'm trickle charging for the next few weeks :(

Toyota was sure S L O W in getting this offer out. December was half over before it even appeared to be official, although just yesterday my local dealer denied any deal existed (0% AND $5k cashback). Buyer's remorse is really beginning to set in now, as I bought mine a month ago, but the RAV4 EV is such a great car, I'm just going to shake it off.

How these cars can not be selling well is totally beyond me. Great price (especially NOW). Great for the environment. Great for saving money on gas. Great acceleration. Great for families or five adult passengers. Great for extra cargo space. Great outward visibility. Great safety features. Great quiet ride. Great regenerative brakes. Great looking dash and telematics. Great big Tesla battery pack and torquey drivetrain. Great electric driving range. Great for not paying income tax. Great for "free" money from CA. Great for driving solo in "HOV" lanes.

What's not to like!!! :mrgreen:

Dsinned said:
Toyota was sure S L O W in getting this offer out. December was half over before it even appeared to be official, although just yesterday my local dealer denied any deal existed (0% AND $5k cashback). Buyer's remorse is really beginning to set in now, as I bought mine a month ago, but the RAV4 EV is such a great car, I'm just going to shake it off.

How these cars can not be selling well is totally beyond me. Great price (especially NOW). Great for the environment. Great for saving money on gas. Great acceleration. Great for families or five adult passengers. Great for extra cargo space. Great outward visibility. Great safety features. Great quiet ride. Great regenerative brakes. Great looking dash and telematics. Great big Tesla battery pack and torquey drivetrain. Great electric driving range. Great for not paying income tax. Great for "free" money from CA. Great for driving solo in "HOV" lanes.

What's not to like!!! :mrgreen:

No doubt, the sting of so narrowly missing the $5k off is a tough pill to swallow. You certainly do have my sympathy! BUT, I was very close to buying the car even without the incentive and likely would have pulled the trigger this week even without the incentive, so at least you weren't alone in seeing value here.

Your enthusiasm for the Rav4 EV is warranted.

Simply put, this is a very SPECIAL car!

And I think it's really cool that this car is going to be RARE... No, maybe no one will notice it like they notice a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or even a Volt, thanks to the Rav's understated styling, but I'm really excited to have found this under-appreciated gem!

Dsinned said:
How these cars can not be selling well is totally beyond me.
I completely agree. For people who don't have to drive reliably more than 90-100 miles per day, this is the best electric car on the market. I can understand people who need to travel farther without wanting to wait for a 6-hour charge dismissing the RAV4 EV, but not all those people who need an SUV and don't drive a lot. 0% + $5,000 off + $7,500 tax credit + $2,500 tax credit + carpool lane access + pennies per mile for fuel = an amazing value. Too bad it's just a compliance car.

I missed out on the 0% financing also. In November, when I bought mine, Toyota was offering just 1.9% APR. That alone cost me another couple grand in deferred financing charges. Altogether those of us who100% financed just over two weeks ago, paying anywhere near sticker, lost well over $7k ($5k cashback, the rest in financing). OMG, why didn't I wait till Christmas to buy a new RAV4 EV!!! :mrgreen:

http://insideevs.com/toyota-discounts-the-rav4-ev-by-up-to-7500-and-offers-0-to-gain-zev-credits/#comment-40216

Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20, but it is still a GREAT car! Hopefully, at such a bargain price, it will be affordable to many more Californians and Toyota will sell them all sooner than later.

Back