Who hasn't had a battery charging problem?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark_rivers19 said:
No problems so far.
Leviton 240v/40amp charger at home
Clipper Creek Level 2 charger at public stations
Charge Point Level 2 charger as well
Those are all EVSEs, not chargers. Charger is on-board the car.

See diagram at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=262630#p262630 and ignore the part about DC quick charging.

Aside from one "Check EV System" warning a few months ago, one skipped charge, and the 12V battery indicator illuminating when I interrupted a charge a couple of weeks ago, I haven't experienced any charging problems.

That day the battery indicator turned on, the backup camera also stopped working. Finding some arcane fix on the Internet, I opened the rear door, banged it in the lower center, closed the door, and restarted the car. It fixed the problem, like Fonzi! But I have no idea if that was related to my interrupting the charge. Occam's razor...

TonyWilliams said:
Charlestonleafer said:
Makes sense. What will be the next EV!?

Not sure. Probably a Tesla Model X to replace the Rav4. Not sure what I'll do in between.... a two year lease on a LEAF?

Not a SparkEV? Little longer range, little more Torque! Price is about the same... Just less space.

ground_gainer said:
TonyWilliams said:
Charlestonleafer said:
Makes sense. What will be the next EV!?

Not sure. Probably a Tesla Model X to replace the Rav4. Not sure what I'll do in between.... a two year lease on a LEAF?

Not a SparkEV? Little longer range, little more Torque! Price is about the same... Just less space.

It's tiny compared to a LEAF, and like the Rav4, is merely a compliance tool for CARB. No DC quick charging. Also, I won't support companies like GM who are supporting the Frankenplug.

I don't need more torque.

Siemens VC30BLKB 30A. Zero issues. I have used this charger on my Brammo, Volt, and my wife's RAV4 with zero problems. Also has a few nifty features including delayed charging. Very high quality.

No problems with my Bosch Powermax 30 Amp.
My Rav4 is still only a baby though with ~600 miles.

Back