Who still owns a RAV4 EV?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2014 has 100k. Never been to the shop. Still original brake pads. Will never by a gas vehicle again.

I have a 40k Chademo fast charger. Use it once or twice a month because the car only goes 75 miles per charge.

I have just over 100k miles on my 2013 blue one. The only weird thing about it is the charge inlet is flakey -it will no longer charge from most EVSE cables but if I plug in my jlong cable I can then plug any charger into that and it works fine

I have a 2014 bought a couple of years ago for my kids to use commuting to the high school. Has about 50k on it and we're not really adding much. Only ever charge it at night with 110v 12a as it only needs a few miles each day. It shows between 65 to 75 range every morning. It has performed flawlessly for the job it needs to do. Only problem is the white paint is peeling off the roof. Toyota inspected it for some sort of possible defect recall repaint job. We're waiting to hear what they're willing to do but if they don't do something soon we'll just get it painted ourselves.

My EVie is a 2014 white pearl with 41k miles. Original owner, all original parts and everything working well. Little bit of front bumper damage but otherwise in great shape. I love this car and will lovingly cherish her uniqueness forever!

I still own my pearl white 2014 Rav4-EV. 42K miles. Everything works great and I plan on keeping it for many more years.

Who all here still has their RAV4 EV?
I have a 2013 RAV4 EV. The heater died out of warranty (died in warranty but I was too lazy to get it fixed until out of warranty). It's expensive to replace, so I haven't done it. I keep thinking I will replace the car, but it keeps working. I haven't replaced the coolant in the battery yet. I'd like to find a place that will do an acid test on it to check if the coolant needs replacing. But too lazy so far.

Are there places other than the dealer where I can get it serviced? Will places the specialize in teslas do service for it? At the dealer there is just one guy who is trained to work on the RAV4EVs, so I'd like to find someplace with more expertise.

We bought our 2014 in Nov 2022 and still using it regularly. We would be interested in finding out whether a Chademo fast charge port could be installed by someone in BC Canada.

I still have my 2013. 29,000 miles. I'm the second owner. I bought it from a guy in Cupertino, ca. in 2016 at 10,000 miles. I drove it home to San Diego county, 500 miles down the coast. 33 hours, 5 charges. It is only used when we need to go down the hill from Ramona to anywhere in San Diego county and back. Local trips are in my 50 year old junkers. I don't want it tore up as I haven't had a decent car in many years. I put a set of new tires on about a year ago and a couple of service battery's. It gets a new one every time a battery dies in one of my older junks.

2014, 50K, original lease then purchase - replaced battery around 40K under warranty, shipped to San Diego for motor re-work around 42K, still gets around 70 miles on a full charge - wife loves it - we'll likely keep until it dies - perfect "local" vehicle.

I bought my 2014 in 2017, 49k and just off-lease. Now, over six years later it's at ~120k and more of less everything with Tesla's name on it has been replaced under warranty (except the thermal controller, pumps, and Gateway).

I've retired and no longer run it 60 mi./day, but I've also moved to a much more rural area, so it's still getting run pretty hard (200 mi. each yesterday and the day before, for example).

I'm actively working on adding CCS DCFC (using foccci method) to it; my project spreadsheet says I just hit $3400 invested in that project, not including tools. Ricky has his 2013 RAV4 EV charging via CCS using the BMW i3 LIM method already, using parts I sold him when I decided to go foccci instead.

I'm pretty sure my LDU is going to eventually get the Cooling Manifold Delete upgrade, maybe this year.

I let go of my 2014 in 2021. It had a warranty covered major repair needed, and was in the shop for over six months awaiting parts - in the middle of the pandemic - with no guarantee of when they would finally show up. I ended up buying another car (a TOYOTA plug-in hybrid), and eventually sold my RAV4 EV back to a dealer.

67k miles original owner moved to North Carolina. 85% original battery capacity. 2 motor changes and now the drive shaft clunking. Also found my white paint peeling under the roof rack mount. Toyota platinum warranty good thru 2027. Waiting/hoping for something normal-looking to replace it. Most can’t compete for function and styling—haven’t seen anything better than the RAV design yet.

Back