Who still owns a RAV4 EV?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CalTrans, LADWP and other cities around Los Angeles here are still using tons of Rav's. They are in service and I see them all the time. City of Santa Monica, LA, etc have them and they are around.

Agreed, if all of them are working then Ukraine may have more working RAV4 EVs than the US. LOL.

I just started leasing a KIA EV6. It’s nice to get 310 miles to a charge but I still like my RAV. My daughter is now using the RAV4 EV over her 2020 regular RAV to save on gas. I am leasing because I a want my next purchase to have a solid state battery.

When she finds her own place the.I need to figure out what to do with it. Does anyone here want to make an offer? It’s the 2014 Ocean Blue, still getting 95 miles in summer and 85 when it is cold. Has the motor whine but no oil in the speed sensor (yet). No dents but a couple minor scratches. I’m the original owner living in Davis, CA.

Does anyone here want to make an offer? It’s the 2014 Ocean Blue, still getting 95 miles in summer and 85 when it is cold. Has the motor whine but no oil in the speed sensor (yet). No dents but a couple minor scratches. I’m the original owner living in Davis, CA.
I was somewhat surprised to see the one in Nevada just sold for under $8k (with taxes). I wasn't aware the market for them had dropped that far.

For engineering purposes I've wanted to acquire a battery case (don't need/want the modules) and at least three complete used (but of course unknown condition) RAV4 EV HV packs have been turning up for well under $1500 in the last year, though none within 1000 mi. of me.

I have a silver 2014 with 60,000 miles and brand new Tesla battery. I'm planning to sell it soon though.

You mean "replacement Tesla battery". Tesla's not making new batteries for the RAV4 EV, and haven't in many years.

Battery failures are rare; contactor failures are common, and are the No. 1 reason the RAV4 EV batteries are replaced (under warranty) or repaired (outside warranty). The contactor failures are shared with the Model S :(

My warranty replacement battery in 2019 immediately had 10 miles less range than the one that I gave them. Others have reported similar and worse with replacement batteries via Toyota.

We said goodbye to our wonderful RAV4EV last Friday. After a ton of research, we decided on a Hyundai Ioniq 5. It's really an impressive car and the first charge got us 318 miles! Got a great deal on a 2024 and plan on keeping it for a long time. Farewell, fellow RAV4 owners! It was a great ten years!

We said goodbye to our wonderful RAV4EV last Friday. After a ton of research, we decided on a Hyundai Ioniq 5. It's really an impressive car and the first charge got us 318 miles! Got a great deal on a 2024 and plan on keeping it for a long time. Farewell, fellow RAV4 owners! It was a great ten years!
I to am going to bid farewell to my 2014 rav 4 EV with 66,000 miles. I bought a Ioniq yesterday. Did you sell your Rav? I am trying to find the value/price. I am in Seattle area. Thank you, Janeva

I to am going to bid farewell to my 2014 rav 4 EV with 66,000 miles. I bought a Ioniq yesterday. Did you sell your Rav? I am trying to find the value/price. I am in Seattle area. Thank you, Janeva
Hi Janeva:

We traded ours in for the Ioniq 5. We had almost 148,000 miles on it and it needed new brakes. We might have been able to get a little more at a Carmax or facsimile, but went ahead and took the offer from the dealer.

Cheers and good luck with the Ioniq!

We have a pair of 2013s with 40k-41k on the odometer. We bought them in 2017 and added the platinum coverage as both were under 36k miles, but that didn't help with my wife's singing motor. Does the extended coverage expire with time or distance, whichever arrives first?

We have a pair of 2013s with 40k-41k on the odometer. We bought them in 2017 and added the platinum coverage as both were under 36k miles, but that didn't help with my wife's singing motor.

The dealer has to approve the DU replacement, and for myself and anecdotally, DU replacement under warranty is routinely approved. Did you have a dealer evaluate the DU noise and then say it didn't qualify for replacement?

Does the extended coverage expire with time or distance, whichever arrives first?
Yes, yes, and yes. Your Platinum Warranty paperwork spells out the warranty period end date and mileage limit (mine did, anyway).
I bought the 5-year extension in 2017, but when it expired in Sep2022 I declined to renew it.

I've not pursued any dealer involvement, as we've expired the warranty, based on your answer. I've evaluated the DU noise based on the coolant speckled speed sensor in my wife's motor. It's been too cold to check the one in mine, but the motor has been quiet. I expect it will be a "write-off" although not in the tax sense.

We are really hoping it will survive to the point of my wife's retirement and our CD coming due at about the same time. We'll "invest" the CD into a contemporary EV with more than a hundred mile range, methinks.

Hi all,
Sadly, I gave up my 2012 Blue EV in October. I was the original owner. I got it in March of 2013 drove it for over 10 years and 165k+ miles. I loved that car! In 2022, the Battery Coolant Heater failed. I got on the waitlist and since I live in Northern California, kept driving. After a year of waiting, Toyota reached out to say that the part will not be available. In the interim, my cabin heater failed. I bought the heather assembly & DC/DC Converter, but never installed them. I had planned to install everything together. If anyone needs either of these parts, please reach out. They have been untouched since I bought them and need to find a home. For those of you still driving your RAV4-EVs, I’m jealous!
Leff

Well she's back with (another) a fresh coat of Perle White again from Toyota and hopefully this time they prep'd it right! :)
They also gave me a full 100% charge so we took her out for a spin and got 109 out of her so not too shabby still on the old girl!

I had to spend $30 in gas for the rental Rav to return that car which was no fun, gutless, and the whole "drive by wire" system / million speed transmission was junk. Just hunts for the best gears all the time, no power, etc...

Once and EV driver...
Always an EV driver...
Rav-repainted-Jan-24.jpgRav-repainted-Jan-24-1.jpgRav-repainted-Jan-24-2.jpg

Good thing I keep my cars for life so I don't have to worry about the lic frame paint :D

The S plate was from the Leaf (RIP).. and ScrewOPEC was OG just for the Rav..

Back