Yokohama tire replacement and credit

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vips

At 25k miles now and the oem tires are worn down and need replacement.
Opened a case with Yokohoma for a warranty claim.
After some discussion with Yokohoma folks they agreed to give me 45% credit towards next of Yokohama tires.
The current tires are not warranted, technically, but their customer service at tier 2 level were nice.

Getting the yk580 tires from America's tires. These are rated at 60k miles warranty. Reviews are good as well so hoping for the best.

vips said:
Opened a case with Yokohoma for a warranty claim.
After some discussion with Yokohoma folks they agreed to give me 45% credit towards next of Yokohama tires.
The current tires are not warranted, technically, but their customer service at tier 2 level were nice.

Getting the yk580 tires from America's tires. These are rated at 60k miles warranty. Reviews are good as well so hoping for the best.

Good job on getting a pretty decent credit.

After driving 200-300 miles on the YK580 tires...they are working out very well.
The ride is great and the road noise minimal, unlike the OEM tires.

Even my 8 year old mentioned the above 2 points! :)

vips said:
After driving 200-300 miles on the YK580 tires...they are working out very well.
The ride is great and the road noise minimal, unlike the OEM tires.

Even my 8 year old mentioned the above 2 points! :)

Any impact on your range ?

vips said:
I've been worried about that, With all the torque (especially in sport mode) I doubt my tires will make 50k miles.

TonyWilliams said:
Michelin Defenders now, 90,000 mile warranty.

When I changed to michelin on my leaf, i got 8-10% worse efficiency.
But a ton more grip so I almost could go through 90o corner at a nice speed

How much did the michelin tires hurt your efficiency ?

fromport said:
TonyWilliams said:
Michelin Defenders now, 90,000 mile warranty.

When I changed to michelin on my leaf, i got 8-10% worse efficiency.
But a ton more grip so I almost could go through 90o corner at a nice speed

How much did the michelin tires hurt your efficiency ?

I haven't driven the car even once since the new tires.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

The stock Yokohama tires are NOT hi efficiency tires. They are the same as the gas rav4, which are all season tires. So just about any tire should give you similar range. The Leaf comes on efficient tires, so some range loss should be expected.

Yeah, the OEM tires are not LLR tires. I have 48,000 on my originals, but I am pushing them to the absolute limit. :!: I will be replacing them within the next couple of weeks, provided it doesn't rain. If it does, I will be replacing them sooner.

Back