$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
khaliss said:
The state rebate is also one per household for 3 years, so it's good we didn't claim it with a 3year Leaf, now we are claiming it for the Rav4.

You are misinformed. Apply for the state rebate for each EV you purchase, and each lease of 36 months or more.

I've gotten 3 rebates in two years, one lease and two purchases.

fooljoe said:
...and I'm sure there are workarounds (besides staying up till midnight to initiate a charge manually every night!)...
I'm imagining a Rube Goldberg machine involving bowling balls and dominoes that eventually hits the charge now button on my cell phone ;)

Another option is to get a charger with its own timer option. I got the Schneider Electric 2nd generation level 2 EVSE, which you can set to charge up to 8 hours in the future.

From the view that all information - positive and negative - is good information, here's mine: After much investigation I decided today to forego the Rav4 and lease a Leaf. The best 3-year Rav4 lease term I found was ~$18k (drive-off + monthly payments + tax - CA rebate). Given the rapidly evolving technology, the risk associated with outright purchase is too rich for my blood (rather, purse).

The economics boil down to Toyota's decision not to pass the federal rebate to the lessor.

Pushpak said:
From the view that all information - positive and negative - is good information, here's mine: After much investigation I decided today to forego the Rav4 and lease a Leaf. The best 3-year Rav4 lease term I found was ~$18k (drive-off + monthly payments + tax - CA rebate). Given the rapidly evolving technology, the risk associated with outright purchase is too rich for my blood (rather, purse).

The economics boil down to Toyota's decision not to pass the federal rebate to the lessor.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the deals tomorrow to include better lease deals... just my $.02.

We'll see what comes tomorrow morning! :)

AvLegends said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the deals tomorrow to include better lease deals... just my $.02.

Anyone found out what the deals are for this month?

khaliss said:
AvLegends said:

Nope... nothing yet. Still showing 4/1/2013.

AvLegends said:
khaliss said:

The current deal is still good to the end of the day. I suspect it is going down since they are waiting for this one to expire before updating. The last two updates were increases and they changed the notice a day or two ahead of time (before the previous deal expired).

palmer_md said:
AvLegends said:
khaliss said:

The current deal is still good to the end of the day. I suspect it is going down since they are waiting for this one to expire before updating. The last two updates were increases and they changed the notice a day or two ahead of time (before the previous deal expired).

I second that. I followed 2 bay area dealerships. They sold out their allotment already. And Dianne from Carson Toyota said she has been selling them like hot cakes.

palmer_md said:
AvLegends said:
khaliss said:

This may be a "sign" that after expiration the deals will get worse, because if they were extending the same deals or getting better, the website could be updated early.

Bought a Silver Rav4 EV after much deliberation between leasing a Leaf or leasing a Rav4.

I am in Bay Area and got $42,3xx out the door before Fed and CA credit.
$50,870 - $4100 (dealer discount) - $9300 (Toyota) + tax + title, etc.

Already driven over 100 miles and enjoyed the ride and handling. Very impressive and far better then a Leaf, IMHO.

Sounds like a great deal. Congrats! I think $4,100 is a good dealer discount. Is there a dealer in So Cal who discounts that much?

vips said:
Bought a Silver Rav4 EV after much deliberation between leasing a Leaf or leasing a Rav4.

Already driven over 100 miles and enjoyed the ride and handling. Very impressive and far better then a Leaf, IMHO.

Welcome and enjoy!

Bought a blue RAV4 EV after much lurking and learning on this site. Thanks everyone for your knowledge on charging options, utility charges, entune issues, etc. Dianne at Carson was great to deal with and offered 48k + tax + title, etc. I didn't really bother haggling down anymore from there as with the Toyota cash and the govt incentives, this is a great deal. Just moved to LA from NYC where Model S(s) are just starting to appear on the streets and in parking garages with EVSEs installed. That's out of my price range but I learned about the RAV4 EV right before moving here. Love it, wife loves it, and we have never had an electric car.

vips said:

Congratulations! Sounds like you cut a great deal and now enjoying the "EV Grin" :) . Welcome!

EVnewbie said:
Bought a blue RAV4 EV after much lurking and learning on this site. Thanks everyone for your knowledge on charging options, utility charges, entune issues, etc. Dianne at Carson was great to deal with and offered 48k + tax + title, etc. I didn't really bother haggling down anymore from there as with the Toyota cash and the govt incentives, this is a great deal. Just moved to LA from NYC where Model S(s) are just starting to appear on the streets and in parking garages with EVSEs installed. That's out of my price range but I learned about the RAV4 EV right before moving here. Love it, wife loves it, and we have never had an electric car.
Congratulations and welcome to the group! Yes, the poor mans Tesla! The S is out of my price range as well (someday though!) and the Rav4 EV is a great option to have available. Put my cousin in the drivers seat yesterday in sport mode and he couldn't believe it... :eek:

Karen - No dealer in Bay Area was willing to match this dealer in N. CA discount.

All - this month Toyota NA is giving $1000 to salesperson and $500 to sales manager for every rav4 EV sold.
That's why this salesperson took the chance and gave the discount.

Email me for more info: [email protected]
If anyone is interested in buying or leasing the car.

vips said:
Karen - No dealer in Bay Area was willing to match this dealer in N. CA discount.

All - this month Toyota NA is giving $1000 to salesperson and $500 to sales manager for every rav4 EV sold.
That's why this salesperson took the chance and gave the discount.

Email me for more info: [email protected]
If anyone is interested in buying or leasing the car.
WOW :eek: That's upping the ante!

Back