$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you aware of any new offer ('Toyota Cash') for month of May?

* Just heard from sales - Everything remains the same (as in last month)

I have been lurking here for a while as I geared up to buy my Rav4 EV. I pulled the trigger last night on the blizzard pearl so I wanted to update the group on the market.

Price paid was $47,000 - $9,300 from Toyota = $37,700 + tax and fees. Total was $42,3xx out the door. I think it helped that it was the last day of the month.

However, I know of at one more at this price form a different dealership in Norcal. If anyone is interested in purchasing one, please send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction as I would like to help the salesman who I negotiated with but didn't end up buying.

Using a SoCal ZIP on buyatoyota.com:

Get 0.0% APR for 60 months PLUS $10,000 Finance Cash on a new 2012 RAV4EV

• 0.0% APR for 36 months, 0.0% APR for 48 months or 0.0% APR for 60 months
    PLUS $10,000 Finance Cash
    Includes Toyota Care

Offer Ends 6/3/2013
The deal lives on! :cool:

shikataganai said:
Using a SoCal ZIP on buyatoyota.com:

Get 0.0% APR for 60 months PLUS $10,000 Finance Cash on a new 2012 RAV4EV

• 0.0% APR for 36 months, 0.0% APR for 48 months or 0.0% APR for 60 months
    PLUS $10,000 Finance Cash
    Includes Toyota Care

Offer Ends 6/3/2013
The deal lives on! :cool:

http://www.buyatoyota.com/Specials/SpecialOffers.aspx

Until June 3, 2013:

Applies to 2012 model year RAV4 EV only.

No current offer for NorCal as of May 1, 2013.
No current offer for 2013 model year Rav4 EV

Shoreline Blue - Will be delivered 05/06. Here is the breakdown.
Code:
MSRP                       50,870.00
Dealer DISCOUNT            (4,082.00)
Document Charge                80.00
Sales Tax                   3,983.78
CVR                            18.00
Vehicle License Fees          304.00
Registration Fees             100.00
Tire Fees                       8.75
Toyota Rebate              (9,300.00)
Out the Door Price          41,982.53

@vips:

No, it's from Toyota WC. They matched the price and also managed to get me a Shoreline Blue.

As an FYI, I received the following in an email from a NorCal dealer for May incentives:

NOTE - this shows there are incentives for the 2013 YMMV in the market although not sure you could get $4k of MSRP but it is worth trying and please let the group know how pricing is changing / holding up.

2012 Rav EV
$9300 rebate and 0% for 60 months or special lease rates available

2013 Toyota Prius Plug In
0% for 60 months or special lease rates available

2013 Rav EV
$8800 rebate and 0% for 60 months or special lease rates available

joeyb said:
I have been lurking here for a while as I geared up to buy my Rav4 EV. I pulled the trigger last night on the blizzard pearl so I wanted to update the group on the market.

Price paid was $47,000 - $9,300 from Toyota = $37,700 + tax and fees. Total was $42,3xx out the door. I think it helped that it was the last day of the month.

However, I know of at one more at this price form a different dealership in Norcal. If anyone is interested in purchasing one, please send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction as I would like to help the salesman who I negotiated with but didn't end up buying.

PM sent, thanks again

I'm joining the club!
Paid for my rav4 ev last night, delivery in about a week.
Not as good of a deal as others have gotten, but for the moment the 2013 pricing is less flexible while they try to sell off the 2012 stock. Got the 0 down 0 apr 60 month 8800 incentive and 200 dealer discount...and the color I wanted -- blue.

I believe the incentive is for SoCal as well, proportionally more, maybe $9500.

The issues I was having with trying to get a RAV4 EV in late April (last week) was that they (Piercey Toyota) were not able to apply the $9300 incentive to RAV4s designated as "rollbacks". There were no blue 2012s anywhere around the bay area, and the silvers were all rollbacks, and there was one white (in Salinas) that was not a rollback. I didn't really want white.

Fremont (AutoMall) Toyota said they had 2 rollbacks which the incentive would apply to, but both rollbacks had 80+ miles on them.

Both dealers claimed the rollbacks were simply financing issues where the credit was approved, the car was purchased and taken, and then later the credit was disapproved and the customer was asked to return the car, and those had to legally be called "rollbacks" even if they had only 30 miles on them. I took this as non-sensical car salesman BS. My theory is, people paid no money down on the 0% loan, drove off in their cars, freaked out when they LATER found out it would cost them $1000-5000 to be able set up their house to charge their car at a reasonable charging rate, and decided to bail on the first payment -- no penalty except probably a temporary dip in their credit rating.

So on May 1st, I was told the incentive for 2013s had started, at $8800. Little room to negotiate, especially for the shoreline blue, but I wanted to skip the whole 'last year's model' and 'rollback' BS so I went for it :lol: ;)

All that said, if you want to save the most $$, go negotiate hard for a WHITE USED 2012 ROLLBACK that are at a few dealerships in the bay area...they are barely used, and the dealers are going to be quite desperate to get rid of them because they are hard to sell compared to non-rollback 2012s on the lot and with 2013s beginning to hit dealerships next week.

The 2013 RAV4 EV does NOT use the new RAV4 body style, by the way.

mudpie said:
The issues I was having with trying to get a RAV4 EV in late April (last week) was that they (Piercey Toyota) were not able to apply the $9300 incentive to RAV4s designated as "rollbacks". There were no blue 2012s anywhere around the bay area, and the silvers were all rollbacks, and there was one white (in Salinas) that was not a rollback. I didn't really want white.

Fremont (AutoMall) Toyota said they had 2 rollbacks which the incentive would apply to, but both rollbacks had 80+ miles on them.

Both dealers claimed the rollbacks were simply financing issues...

These are more frequently IRS / California rebate scams where somebody buys the car, claims the $10k in government money, and then resells as used.

NOTE TO ALL OUT OF STATE BUYERS:

I recommend having a local California current Rav4 EV owner test drive your car at the dealer before shipping to you out of state. My particular car had excessive motor noise from new, so it will be easy to identify the same situation before the car is shipped to you.

I've ordered a 2012 Rav4 EV, supposed to be delivered this week (spec sheet provided by dealer includes bin# and states that it is a 2012). Is the 2013 Rav4 EV actually out there in dealerships already? Or is there some confusion about calling the existing a model a 2012 or 2013? As of today, the Toyota website is calling the Rav4 EV a 2013 model, yet the specs and colors available are the same as what we have out there now.

http://www.toyota.com/rav4ev/#!/models

snoltor said:
I've ordered a 2012 Rav4 EV, supposed to be delivered this week (spec sheet provided by dealer includes bin# and states that it is a 2012). Is the 2013 Rav4 EV actually out there in dealerships already? Or is there some confusion about calling the existing a model a 2012 or 2013? As of today, the Toyota website is calling the Rav4 EV a 2013 model, yet the specs and colors available are the same as what we have out there now.

http://www.toyota.com/rav4ev/#!/models
See Tony's post (2 post above) for the identification of whether yours is a "C" EV or a "D" EV.

Yes, I saw Tony's post on that. Mine is a 2012, the vin has the 'C', no confusion there. But I'm wondering about the 2013's. I saw an earlier post in this thread from a member who bought a 2013. If the 2013's are out there I'd like to use that info in negotiating a final price before setting my john hancock on the bill of sale.

waidy said:
See Tony's post (2 post above) for the identification of whether yours is a "C" EV or a "D" EV.

Back