$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Don't forget California "use tax" added to the monthly payment.
I see. Thanks all for the clarification. I never lease car before and this is an added knowledge for me.

In conclusion, I should not use Toyota's lease program to attract people. I will continue to use EV $/kwh comparison strategy and range comparison among other available BEVs to show that Rav4EV is a better deal.

I leased new because it WAS a great selling point.

If you think about it you get a $50,000 SUV with a TESLA motor for $299 or $410 per month (added down payment). That's $9.96 or $13.67 per day. I haven't looked at other SUVs but am guessing that kind of rate is pretty good. (Especially if you consider the savings over gas)

Any 'other' car at $50,000 MSRP with a $21,500 residual value and similar down payment would be $680 per month or $22.68 per day!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for a 2013 RAV4 EV. Is the $7500 off and 0% financing on the 2013s going on right now? Which dealership is offering that right now? And who is Dianne? I apologize for just posting a list of questions. Thanks.

Dianne is a knowledgeble sales person at Carson Toyota in Southern California.
I found an email for her but do a search and you will find some of her posts and other contact information.
Dianne Whitmire <[email protected]>

I wish I had purchased mine from her and several others have had good experience with her.

EDIT. Found more info

Fleet & Internet Director
Carson Toyota|Scion
Sunny Southern CAL
949-689-0717
310-522-2317
[email protected]

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=296

Dianne is wonderful! I bought mine from her and this was by far the easiest car buying experience that I've ever had. She's active on the forum and very helpful. I would highly recommend contacting her if you are interested in this car.

Hi everyone!
OoOOO guess who took the plunge!
:D
It was a no-brainer with unlimited miles and $15,400 lease cash, and my 44-miles-each-way commute. I did BLUE!

Dianne

Dianne said:
Hi everyone!
It was a no-brainer with unlimited miles and $15,400 lease cash, and my 44-miles-each-way commute. I did BLUE!

Dianne
Hi Dianne, would you confirm below my understanding of the Before-Aug-5 lease program:
$3999 at signing of contract
$299+tax for 36 months
36000 miles limit for 36 mos, else $0.15/mi if over 36K miles.
Leaser (we) get the $7500 federal tax credit, but no state credit
All maintenance during the lease term (36 mos) are no charge to the leasers.
Please confirm.

You have to pay the CA sales tax on the cap reduction.
You don't get to 299 on just 4K extra cash, you need more like 6100... based on their published #'s...
The ad says: Lessee to pay all taxes and license... and in CA, that's not just three little words... it's damn near $2100 bucks!
Feel free to call me for my lease terms. They are better in calculation than the ad. The ad isn't "technically" misleading, because they DO say that buyers pay their share of the tax and license. In some states, it's not bad but in CA it's high!

By the way, you do not get a 7500 tax credit from the feds on that lease.
The 7500 is passed on to you thru the 15400 you were given as a cap red. You can have the state's 2500 till they run out... which looks to be somewhat soon!

Maintenance is free for 2 years and up to 25K and roadside assist is 3 years. So is the Entune/Safety Connect.

http://energycenter.org/programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/rebate-funding-status
That link above worries me!
----------------
Hi Dianne, would you confirm below my understanding of the Before-Aug-5 lease program:
$3999 at signing of contract
$299+tax for 36 months
36000 miles limit for 36 mos, else $0.15/mi if over 36K miles.
Leaser (we) get the $7500 federal tax credit, but no state credit
All maintenance during the lease term (36 mos) are no charge to the leasers.
Please confirm.[/quote]

Dianne said:
Hi everyone!

Dianne

Awesome! I presume this replaced a Prius? I'll bet you'll like not buying gas, and 44 miles each way should be OK even at a "normal" 80% charge, although I guess you can just charge at work?

Congrats on your purchase.

Are unlimited miles available to all? The online offer stated 12,000 per year when i got mine a week and a half ago.

Tony, I am not replacing the PHEV... I am enhancing it! ;)
I need that one for longer trips... yes, I plan to use the store's 'lectricity till I get my charger!

TonyWilliams said:
Dianne said:
Hi everyone!

Dianne

Awesome! I presume this replaced a Prius? I'll bet you'll like not buying gas, and 44 miles each way should be OK even at a "normal" 80% charge, although I guess you can just charge at work?

Dianne said:
Hi everyone!

Dianne

Congrats Dianne, I like blue too! :D Unlimited miles would certainly help with these type of commutes. Thanks for the help on the stress free purchase!

waidy said:
Bad news. Toyota is going to kill the Rav4EV production. Oh, let me add "rumor has it" so I am not legally liabe of my writing.

Waidy, Are you just trolling or is that based upon "real" information?

reeler said:
waidy said:
Bad news. Toyota is going to kill the Rav4EV production. Oh, let me add "rumor has it" so I am not legally liabe of my writing.

Waidy, Are you just trolling or is that based upon "real" information?
Why would she troll? She has a Rav4 EV, her daughter has one and she had the previous gen.

Whew!
http://energycenter.org/programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/rebate-funding-status

I was getting nervous!
Yesterday (8/1) it was down to 1.1 mil.
Looks like the state got a shot in the arm!

Dianne said:
Whew!

I was getting nervous!
Yesterday (8/1) it was down to 1.1 mil.
Looks like the state got a shot in the arm!

Diane:are you in today? i was hoping to pass by and talk to you about a lease.

Back