Best Mobile Charger

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVlearner said:
thanks Miimura and Fooljoe.

Just to clarify (simpleton here!).... if I use the LCS25-P, the car will still draw at the max power (20amps) at 240V (so 4.8KWH?), and the car will not limit the charger to the slower trickle charge right? I haven't tried out the timer and TOU, I plan to just plug in and charge away, so just want to make sure it charges at full capability. :|

hmm, interesting that the gov't tax credit doesn't apply if not installed, thanks for the heads up.
Yes the car will draw whatever the EVSE (charging station) tells it to through the signal in the charge plug signal. The most glaring problems with the RAV4 EV are related to the charge timers and their forecasts of expected charging time, which is even worse with a 240V EVSE that delivers 20A or less.

Just to pick a nit, the power that can be delivered by the LCS-25 is 4.8 kW (kilowatts). Energy, like battery capacity, is measured in kWh (kilowatt-hours) - the summation of power over time.

Back