Entune / Android 4.3

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the entune software install on my Nexus 7 2013 LTE (don't ask me how, lets just say google entune apk) and just updated the KitKat Android 4.4. Surprisingly the app still launches albeit with issues like keyboard not being suppressed and user data not saved. It looks like the problem may be Nexus 5 specific. Is anyone on this forum using a MotoX or Nexus 4 that has KitKat (the only 2 other phone that has been updated)?

banshee08, my old Nexus 4 got the 4.4 update and now Entune now doesn't work on it either - it won't launch, just like on the Nexus 5. Entune previously worked on that phone, so it's definitely a compatibility issue with 4.4.

Interesting. It maybe the google experience launcher. The Nexus tablets do not use the Google Experience Launcher... hmm Let me see if it works on other roms.

I got a Samsung S4 with 4.3 and Entune seems to work fine. I think the app updated a few weeks ago when I still had 4.2 and maybe that was addressed to fix the problem with 4.3.

I think the app updated a few weeks ago when I still had 4.2 and maybe that was addressed to fix the problem with 4.3.

That's correct - Toyota released a new version of the app that fixed the compatibility issues with Android 4.3 on September 20th. The current issue is that the current version of the app is now incompatible with Android 4.4.

For those of us with Nexus phones, we've been spending most of our time with Entune not working these past few months. Entune broke with the update to 4.3 in August, was fixed in late September, broke again with the update to 4.4 in late October, and remains broken with 4.4 today. I haven't heard of any other apps that have broken with both the 4.3 and 4.4 update, so this is especially frustrating - the contractors Toyota uses to develop Entune really need to get on the ball.

Yup not working on 4.4. My HTC One Developer Edition just updated to 4.4 and Entune was already installed. Just crashes on startup. Now I am completely out of luck. I have no entune function in the car now. That was my last phone with 4.3 or lower on it.

Not working on my Nexus 5 either. And from the comments on the Google Play Entune site, there's plenty of upset customers. Calls to Toyota are met with either silence or corporate double speak. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

it sounds like one of your got entune installed on a nexus tablet. How did you do that? Every time i try to do that, the play store says this app is incompatable with my device (i assumed it was checking if it was a fone...)

n3ckf said:
it sounds like one of your got entune installed on a nexus tablet. How did you do that? Every time i try to do that, the play store says this app is incompatable with my device (i assumed it was checking if it was a fone...)

I got entune installed on my 2013 Nexus table but side loading the APK file I got. You can find the apk file by googling, you give up a lot of security to do so. The app is not built for Android tablets so some of the user data is not saved and the android keyboard is not suppressed.

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

I just got offered android 4.4.2 on my Nexus 4. I'm waiting for a call at the moment, but as soon as I get it, I'll update and repost to the thread if it fixes EnTunes. I'm doubtful that it will.

I'm running EnTune on my Nexus 7. Has anyone else noticed it seems to be a big battery hog? It was 5% of my battery usage just sitting in my pocket all day (not in the car), and I suspect the actual overhead was worse than that. It's the only new app, and my battery was down to 15% by 3:30pm. It alarmed and I had to plug it in. It's going to be really annoying if I have to keep killing it to save battery (and restarting it to use in the car).

I hadn't heard from my former RAV4EV in the three months since I returned it to Toyota. Yesterday I got an email from Entune saying it finished charging. Nice to know it is alive and well. I had deleted the app from my phone so I couldn't find out where it was located.

I did log in today from my PC and deleted my account. Now the new owner can sign up. LOL

Back