Toyota Entune Problem

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terran

For those who are having connection issue via the Toyota Entune app or related issues you can contact them via this phone number:

Toyota Entune Support at 1-800-331-4331 and select:
Option: 4 then Option: 2

They will provide a case number and should return your call within one business day.

Users are reporting the following issues:

• Schedule Charging Issues
    Turning on Remote Climate
    Connection Timeout to the Charge Management screen
    Charge email notification not being sent

I just received a call back from Toyota, they wanted to insure I had more than 50% charge in order to turn on the climate control remotely. Told them I was plugged in and fully charged. Also told them my charge management screen timed out when trying to update the charge status. They wanted few more days to resolve.

I've got th car at South Coast Toyota and Bobby, their software tech, is working on it now. I needed to take it in for the 10k service anyway. I'll post up what he comes up with.

In the mean time everyone who has a problem please call Toyota so they see there is a universal problem with all the cars and hopefully they will get on this.

Bobby couldn't solve the problem, but they are going to keep the car till tomorrow. He thinks it has something to do with the apple 7.1.1. Update but really doesn't know.

He did discover that the software update that was supposedly done by Carson Toyota months ago was not fully done and he updated the tesla ecu to the most current version. He was hoping this would solve the problem - but it didn't. I'm disappointed that The Carson tech didn't complete this part of the update when it was in with them for the 5k service. I specially asked them to do the update, I waited there hours for them to do it, and it turns out they didn't. That's all I know for now.

I am using Android phone and started to experience this problem as mentioned earlier in the thread. Maybe the updated Entune app is having issues.
Will call Toyota next week and log a case.

I called in to Entune support to make sure they knew it was affecting more owners. The options when I called the number in the fist post were Option 1 then Option 3. I spoke to the first level support and he made sure my "Service Level Settings" were correct at MyEntune.com. Mine is set to "All". Then he referred me to the Customer Experience Center. After rehashing the description of the problem the Experience Center rep had me change my Entune password to a known string and got a technician to log in to see for himself what was happening. He did say that the tech knew of other customers with the same issue. The call ended with a case number generated and e-mailed to me and he said the typical time frame is 2-3 business days for resolution.

I've had a case open with Toyota now for almost 2 weeks.. Same problems and it started when I took it into Carson for the 5k service update. Thing is, I have 3 phones on 3 different providers (Sprint, AT&T &VZW) and all being Samsung, HTC and Apple and all 3 stopped working when I drove back home and realized I could not update from the app.

So now I don't feel alone :D

I too have been having this issue. As a new RAV EV owner, I thought I'd set something up incorrectly. The battery status indicator worked once, and I thought, this is so cool. Since then, it has only timed out. Looking forward to hearing if anyone gets this resolved.

Does anybody know if the Prius Plug-ins uses the same app? If they do, it means that there are a lot more than the up to 2600 of us with this issue which would be good for getting more resources assigned to this at Toyota.

Hey fooljoe. -

Do you know how many of the folks who are using ravcharge are effected by the entune troubles? Is it all of them or only some? Entune is not allowing ravcharge to work for me. The car is not accepting any commands from the Entune app.

And - anyone here who is NOT affected and their entune is working normally with no problems at all - if so please post up. I'm wondering if this is a affecting everyone with a Rav4ev and it is completely universal - or if some of us are just "special"!

Also, picked up the car from South Coast Toyota and their head service software tech Booby said he will file a report with Toyota on Monday.

Scott

I've been reading this thread. I noticed my Ravcharge is not working as well. I don't normally use Entunes.

So, today I noticed that upon power-up of my HTC One that Entunes did successfully do the "daily" connection (unsolicited) and I could see the time of connection and the charge level so I know it DID connect.

BUT.... when I do "on demand" Entunes connection attempts, it fails every time.

eplantz said:
I've been reading this thread. I noticed my Ravcharge is not working as well. I don't normally use Entunes.

So, today I noticed that upon power-up of my HTC One that Entunes did successfully do the "daily" connection (unsolicited) and I could see the time of connection and the charge level so I know it DID connect.

Hey eplantz,

Would you try plugging your car in to charge and use the entune app to instruct the car to "Charge Now" - and let us know if your rav begins to charge. When I got home tonight I tried it and the car would not charge on command from the entune app. Thanks.

eplantz said:

The data that you see is automatically sent to the Entune server every time the car is turned off. The Charge Management screen shows the timestamp of the data and it is always the last time you turned off the car - unless it was parked in an area with no AT&T coverage - like the underground parking at my wife's office.

You are right, everything "on demand" is broken - probably for all RAV4EVs.

miimura said:
You are right, everything "on demand" is broken - probably for all RAV4EVs.
As one of my RavCharge users pointed out, it's affecting not only all Rav4-EVs, but also Plug-in Priuses. :shock:

Still no change here. Refresh and start climate both failed. For those that report things working, are you talking about actually starting a charge / refresh / remote climate, or are you just referring to Entune showing your car's information updated when you parked?

Back