Toyota Entune Problem

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terran said:
Entune is working for me as of this morning. Anybody else?
Hey Terran,

Is your "Charge Now" function working? Or is it just your music stations - pandora, etc...? Let us know.

My wife told me last night that the music portion of entune was working for her on the way home from work yesterday, but when I tried the charge now function last night it did not work.

Scott1258 said:
Terran said:
Entune is working for me as of this morning. Anybody else?
Hey Terran,

Is your "Charge Now" function working? Or is it just your music stations - pandora, etc...? Let us know.

My wife told me last night that the music portion of entune was working for her on the way home from work yesterday, but when I tried the charge now function last night it did not work.

Verified:
Charge Management Functions: Working
Remote Climate: Working
Pandora: Working

my ravcharge worked at midnight for first time since the problem. I am able to send climate requests now.
Yea.[color=

Yes it looks like it might finally be resolved. I successfully performed a couple status updates and got it to change my departure time as well. Of course the real test comes tonight when everybody's RavCharge timers kick in.

I was able to start charging the car tonight with the entune app. Everything seems to be back and working as it should. :D I'm looking forward to seeing if ravcharge works tonight.

Thanks as always for the enthusiasm Scott! Seems everything's back up and running, but I can't help but thinking Entune is like a ticking time bomb waiting to self-destruct yet again. I hope we can at least extract some sort of information from this as to how to get Toyota's attention when it happens again.

I will just e-mail Percy directly next time and bypass the 800 number. That should save at least a day. Hopefully he found out who actually has the ability to fix this. I'm sure it will happen again.

vips said:
I am suspecting Entune app version that we have might be buggy. I am at 1.12.311.4.

I deleted and uploaded the Entune app and it always shows version 1.12.310.56 If teh above truly is an updated version can some one suggest why its not updating for me?

I've been having this problem for over two weeks and it sis not yet resolved. I spoke with Toyota when this originally occurred and they fixed it for a day. I'll be calling my contact Fred Inocecio tomorrow.

Neither Entune nor RavCharge are working for me.

mhkp said:
vips said:
I am suspecting Entune app version that we have might be buggy. I am at 1.12.311.4.

I deleted and uploaded the Entune app and it always shows version 1.12.310.56 If teh above truly is an updated version can some one suggest why its not updating for me?

I've been having this problem for over two weeks and it sis not yet resolved. I spoke with Toyota when this originally occurred and they fixed it for a day. I'll be calling my contact Fred Inocecio tomorrow.

Have you updated all the software on the car yet? You have to take it to a Toyota dealership to do this.

I was there for my 5k service. So if this is a recent development then I need to get the update at Toyota. Wish we had the over the air updating technology that Tesla has.

mhkp said:
I was there for my 5k service. So if this is a recent development then I need to get the update at Toyota. Wish we had the over the air updating technology that Tesla has.
The problems you've been having don't seem related to the recent outage. That outage had many parts of Entune working fine, for example getting charge / location information each time the car is parked; it was only the sending of commands to the vehicle that wasn't working.

Your primary problem appears to be a lack of vehicle data coming through Entune - no charge, no range, no location. I don't think I've seen such a thing with any other cars, and now that I think about this more I think that there could actually be something wrong with the hardware on your vehicle itself. I'd still open a case with Entune support, but I'd also take it in to a dealer so the hardware angle is checked out.

fooljoe said:
mhkp said:
The problems you've been having don't seem related to the recent outage. That outage had many parts of Entune working fine, for example getting charge / location information each time the car is parked; it was only the sending of commands to the vehicle that wasn't working.

Your primary problem appears to be a lack of vehicle data coming through Entune - no charge, no range, no location. I don't think I've seen such a thing with any other cars, and now that I think about this more I think that there could actually be something wrong with the hardware on your vehicle itself. I'd still open a case with Entune support, but I'd also take it in to a dealer so the hardware angle is checked out.

Thanks for the deeper look into my issue. I'm on the phone with Toyota right now trying o get this solved. I'm in the 1 business day que (last time it took 4 days to get a call back) They don't seem to know what the problem may be. I'll make an appointment at my dealer to get the hardware looked at.

Have not heard anything from Toyota HQ, its been over 1 business day. Took my car into the dealership to get all the updates, including the new version of Entune 1.12.311.4 Naturally, DCH Simi has no idea what to do and called me to tell me so. I provided them with the version of Entune I saw listed here (1.12.311.4) and asked them to update. They called back to say that will require my car being in the shop for another day....

...business as usual for the EV consumer....

Spoke with Fred today, and he is one of the most professional people I've dealt within a longtime, in any environment. He farmed out my problem to the technical team, who suggested 'maybe i had my door open' and that why it was not working. Well, those Rav4 doors do have a tendency to not shut well, but that was not the problem. I basically told Fred to log in as me on his own phone and allowed him to experience entune for himself. We tried to charge, start climate and other fun features, but only the car location worked.

Back to the drawing board and we'll hear from them 'in a business day.' or two or three...

BTW: Fred, Percy and Kevin all now each other and will brainstorm on this issue together in Torrance HQ.

Scott1258 said:
mhkp said:
vips said:

Have you updated all the software on the car yet? You have to take it to a Toyota dealership to do this.

Toyota Product manager told me that Entune updates over the air not via USB. Simi Valley dealer told me they need a USB, per Toyota. So, some confusion of what happening and how these things get updated.

mhkp said:
BTW: Fred, Percy and Kevin all now each other and will brainstorm on this issue together in Torrance HQ.
Toyota outsources Entune to The Tweddle Group, so all the brainstorming in the world at Toyota HQ isn't going to do squat to help with outages like we had recently. When it goes down again what we need is a straight line to somebody at Tweddle to fix their servers or at least somebody at Toyota who can get through to Tweddle.

Back