Toyota Entune Problem

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted too soon. My charge information is updated today on Entune, it wasn't doing that the past few days. But I am still not able to request a charge or a remote climate activation using Entune.

I just got entune to respond to my remote charge status request. Haven't tried any other remote commands but it looks like it is working again.

tailgate1234 said:
I just got entune to respond to my remote charge status request. Haven't tried any other remote commands but it looks like it is working again.

Nice to see yours appears to be working tailgate ...

After seeing your post I tried to get entune to charge now - nothing - except a message on the app that told me charging now was unsuccessful and to try again later. Perhaps some systems are working and some are not. Anyone else having success?

tailgate1234 said:
Do you mean it shows you your charge status? That's been working all along - what you need to try is clicking the circle arrow 'refresh' command, or start charging, or start climate, or change your departure time remotely. It's those "on-demand" features that aren't working.

Still unable to send command " Charge Now" after several attempts.
I don't think the problem has been fixed, or even looked at.

and just an update, the RAV4 never started charging at all, even though departure was set at 6:45AM.

Still not working for me. The Climate Control still gives me "Climate activation was not successful. Please try again".

Haven't tried remote charging yet, but the "Update" feature isn't working either.

I'm going to put in a call to Toyota today.

Hasn't been working for me for at least a week now.

However, I do get charging status email as always.

mark_rivers19 said:
and just an update, the RAV4 never started charging at all, even though departure was set at 6:45AM.
Interesting - I haven't heard of many outright failures to charge since they apparently fixed the 31st bug. What, if any, interesting circumstances were there to go along with it? For example, did you charge on 120v the day before, or anything else? You should cross-post this to the Charge Timer Failure thread.

Oh, and I just tried another refresh command from the Entune app with no success.

Just got a call from Toyota and they told me that they are working in the problem and it might take a few more days.

I too got a call back today from Kevin Spilane with Toyota Customer Service about Entune - he left a message saying that he was sending my case directly to their Technical Team. And, I should get a call from one of them by tomorrow. He also stated that they would be able to resolve all my issues with Entune! Yippee!

Well, at least if I get to talk with a technical team member I'll find out how aware they are of this problem, what they plan to do about it, and hopefully even what caused it to begin with. If I can get their email I'll forward them a link to this thread where they'll see it's not just my car.

Anyone else that talks to them please try and forward them this link too, and post up what happened with the tech person you talked with.

Just got off the phone for the third time with Toyota Tech Support. They still believe these are isolated issues. I'd told him that many RAV4 EV users are affected. He told me not to believe what I read on the internet After several more attempts to troubleshoot "my" issue. He will escalate to the next level, what ever that means...

Terran said:
Just got off the phone for the third time with Toyota Tech Support. They still believe these are isolated issues. I'd told him that many RAV4 EV users are affected. He told me not to believe what I read on the internet After several more attempts to troubleshoot "my" issue. He will escalate to the next level, what ever that means...

Yeah don't believe what you read on the internet...such B*llcrap!
Thanks to forums like this, we have more knowledge than a toyota sales rep about the RAV4 EV.

Entune appeared to briefly start working for me (remote command to update charge status) on Saturday but has not worked since then.

Is Entune currently working (for commands issued remotely, and not information updated by the car) for ANYBODY? Is there ANYBODY not experiencing these problems?

vips said:
I am suspecting Entune app version that we have might be buggy. I am at 1.12.311.4.
Doubtful. RavCharge is also affected and it doesn't use the app. This really looks like a server-side problem.

Back