Toyota Entune Problem

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've been experiencing the same thing. If I go to the Android Entune app, it correctly shows that the charge was completed, but NO email message; one not at all, and others delayed like you experienced.

(Here I thought it was just one more way Toyota was sticking it to out of CA owners.)

miimura said:
I had a new Entune problem on 10/26/14 and 10/27/14. The Charge Complete e-mail notifications were about an hour late. Did anyone else see this?
This problem from Sunday and Monday did not re-occur on Tuesday and Wednesday. I think this could have been a Daylight Savings bug since it was coincident with the old DST end date rule. This would have resulted in messages sitting in queue for an hour for no good reason. I suspect the back end provider noticed this and fixed the bug on Monday. I have no idea why it would affect the Charge Complete and not the Charge Start messages though. In any case, it's gone for me.

Delayed e-mails happened again on 11/4/2014. The car was completely done charging when I woke up and there were no Charge Start or Charge Complete e-mails. Then some time later, both e-mails came in and the Charge Complete was time stamped 23 minutes earlier than the Charge Start. Nice going Entune...

Saga continues. Thursday morning 11/6/14 - Charge Start was correct, started at 4:45am. Charge Complete e-mail was stamped 11:28am but actual completion according to Entune iPhone app was 5:48. E-mail was 5:40 (hr:min) late.

miimura said:
Saga continues. {SNIP} E-mail was 5:40 (hr:min) late.

Same here yesterday.
Today I have not received any mail (yet) and charging has already completed.

Toyota: your entune system needs some tweaking...

E-mail notificiations are still broken. This time Charge Start e-mail is still MIA at 9:00am. Charge Complete e-mail was exactly correct, time stamped 6:08am and corroborated by the iPhone Entune app.

miimura said:
E-mail notificiations are still broken. This time Charge Start e-mail is still MIA at 9:00am. Charge Complete e-mail was exactly correct, time stamped 6:08am and corroborated by the iPhone Entune app.

Today broken again.

I posted an email to support@entunes also referring to this thread.

Yes, very broken today. I did not get either charge notification for my Saturday morning charging session. I did finally get my Charge Start e-mail from Friday - at 1:55am Saturday. Toyota does have people looking into this, but I honestly don't think it's within their power to fix it directly. I'm pretty sure it's outsourced and they are trying to get the people that are actually in control of the systems to fix it.

fromport said:
I posted an email to support@entunes also referring to this thread.

Received this answer today:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We apologize for the concerns you have experienced with the charging of your RAV4 EV.

Toyota wishes to ensure that your case is thoroughly evaluated and have subsequently forwarded your email to a case manager. The case manager assigned to your case will be your point of contact during the review of your specific situation.

We have advised the case manager of the contact information that you provided in your email, and they will follow up with you within two business days; by the end of business Wednesday, November 12, 2014. If there is a preferred time of day and telephone number to contact you, please let us know by replying to this email.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #1411101832. If we can be of further assistance, please utilize the following link to find a variety of avenues to contact our offices, http://www.toyota.com/support/contact.html.

Jay Spencer
Toyota Customer Experience

Will update if/when more information arrives.

Entune e-mail notifications are still broken. It's been broken to some degree for 3 weeks now. They've had enough time to fix it, so I encourage everyone who has been inconvenienced by this problem to call Entune support and complain. If they get enough complaints, management may notice and raise the priority.

miimura said:
Entune e-mail notifications are still broken. It's been broken to some degree for 3 weeks now. They've had enough time to fix it, so I encourage everyone who has been inconvenienced by this problem to call Entune support and complain. If they get enough complaints, management may notice and raise the priority.

They have already passed it on to the network vendor.
They asked me for a lot of additional info, all given to them over the last few days for the ticket I opened with them.

I will get back with you within 2 workings or so after receiving the advice from our network vendor.
Thanks so much again

Does only the rav4ev have this problem ?
Anyone has a PiP ? do they have email notifications when charging starts/stop ?
Do they see the same problems ?

We've also experienced missing/wrong time/random email notification issue with Entune for a few weeks now. we opened a ticket with Toyota about 3 weeks ago and was told that only one guy handles Rav4EV and he will call back in 24 hours. We never got the call back after one follow up call last week. So called again this afternoon and was told again the guy who's handling Rav4EV isn't available and he'll call us back in 24 hours. When we refused to hang up and asked to speak with the Boss of the guy who's handling Rav4EV, they promised to "escalate it" internally.

A few minutes ago, wife got call back from the guy who handles Rav4EV Entune issue. His name is Kevin and he claims that he isn't aware of when we first called 3 weeks ago(ticket issued). Kevin said that he's having "technical team" looking into this and we are to expect calls from the technical team in 24 hours. When we told him a number of rav4ev owner is having similar Entune issues, he claims that he "only have one other ticket" for the rav4EV Entune issue on record.

If not enough Rav4EV owner with Entune issue open ticket with Toyota, this issue is not likely to get escalated within Toyota.

PS. Kevin only sees Entune related tickets from Rav4EV and does not have visibility nor handle Entune complains on PIP(someone else).

This story posted above by Rav4EVoom is exactly why I wanted more people to call in. It clearly wasn't on the radar as an issue affecting a significant number of people. If this is bugging you and you haven't called yet, please do.

Rav4EVoom said:
We've also experienced missing/wrong time/random email notification issue with Entune for a few weeks now. we opened a ticket with Toyota about 3 weeks ago and was told that only one guy handles Rav4EV and he will call back in 24 hours. We never got the call back after one follow up call last week. So called again this afternoon and was told again the guy who's handling Rav4EV isn't available and he'll call us back in 24 hours. When we refused to hang up and asked to speak with the Boss of the guy who's handling Rav4EV, they promised to "escalate it" internally.

A few minutes ago, wife got call back from the guy who handles Rav4EV Entune issue. His name is Kevin and he claims that he isn't aware of when we first called 3 weeks ago(ticket issued). Kevin said that he's having "technical team" looking into this and we are to expect calls from the technical team in 24 hours. When we told him a number of rav4ev owner is having similar Entune issues, he claims that he "only have one other ticket" for the rav4EV Entune issue on record.

If not enough Rav4EV owner with Entune issue open ticket with Toyota, this issue is not likely to get escalated within Toyota.

PS. Kevin only sees Entune related tickets from Rav4EV and does not have visibility nor handle Entune complains on PIP(someone else).

3 days has passed, still didn't get a call back yet. will have to call kevin to check soon

Wow, today is the first time i received both start/ending emails from Entune in a long time.
And by the look of it with my energy usage, without delay!
Subject: Charge Notification - Charge Start Notification 11/22/2014 05:33:58 AM
Subject: Charge Notification - Charge Completion Notification 11/22/2014 06:13:45 AM

Only drove 12 miles yesterday, not the 192 miles I did the day before ;-)

Other people seeing improvements with Entune emails ?

Improvements, yes. Normal, no. I have been getting notifications here and there for the last two days, some even with the right time stamps. However, Sat morning 11/22, I did not get either the Charge Start or Charge Complete e-mails.

everyday is different.

Today 11/22/2014, only receive charge complete email. no charge start email.

dstjohn99 said:
I finally started getting some accurate and timely notification emails yesterday. I hope it continues to improve for all.

I got several phone calls from Toyota since I reported this problem. He confirmed they are working with a 3rd party vendor and think they have the problem resolved. In my case, it has been working reliably for the past 4 days.

Back