Toyota Entune Problem

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eplantz said:
In my case, it has been working reliably for the past 4 days.

It still isn't working right for me. I charged Sunday night and got a charge start email at the right time but no charge completion email. Last week I got a charging email from Entune a couple days after my last charging session. Maybe I should call.

tgreene said:
eplantz said:

It still isn't working right for me. I charged Sunday night and got a charge start email at the right time but no charge completion email. Last week I got a charging email from Entune a couple days after my last charging session. Maybe I should call.
If you haven't charged the car since Sunday night / Monday morning, I would wait and see how it does on your next two or three charging cycles before you call.

miimura said:
tgreene said:
eplantz said:

If you haven't charged the car since Sunday night / Monday morning, I would wait and see how it does on your next two or three charging cycles before you call.

The email notification seems to be much better than before, but I still can't get entune to update the status of charge using the entune app. So think there are definitely still bugs with entune app. I heard entune app was developed by a third party in New York and Toyota rely on them to fix it. It's amazing Toyota let this problem last this long without getting it fixed considering Prius plug-in also has issue with it...

Rav4EVoom said:
miimura said:
tgreene said:
The email notification seems to be much better than before, but I still can't get entune to update the status of charge using the entune app. So think there are definitely still bugs with entune app. I heard entune app was developed by a third party in New York and Toyota rely on them to fix it. It's amazing Toyota let this problem last this long without getting it fixed considering Prius plug-in also has issue with it...
On demand requests to the car from the apps are separate from the e-mail notification system. The e-mail notification system was broken even when the cars were properly updating the Entune system. If you cannot get the app to update from the car, or are unable to start Remote Climate or Start Charging, then definitely call Toyota and open a case.

miimura said:
tgreene said:
eplantz said:

Has been working reliable for the last 4-5 days for me, including interruption of charging etc.
Got a call from Toyota today from the person I opened my trouble ticket with.
He told me that he was informed the entune charging mail related problems were fixed.

I will send him a list of other things they could fix ;-)

I had another interesting Entune experience this past weekend. I had been on vacation for the whole week and left the car completely unplugged and at about 14 bars charge level. I asked a family member to go to the house and plug the car in on the morning I was coming home. Since my car is set to charge only off-peak at night, it would not charge by itself before I needed it. I thought I would be able to start the charge remotely and not bother the EV-inexperienced family member with how to get it to charge immediately. However, the app would not update or respond to the remote charge requests at all. So, I had to have them go in the house, get the key, turn on and off the car and press the Charge Immediately button on the center screen. Of course, it charged properly at that time and Entune now updates properly after the car had been driven. My conclusion is that after a period of days of no activity, the car must go into a deeper sleep that powers down the cell radio so that it extends the energy in the 12V battery but does not receive these remote requests.

Is anyone else having trouble triggering a remote charge or remote climate today (3/3/2015)? The Entune app's picking up the status of the car from various events (end of charge, turned off, etc.), so I know the car's connected to the cell network, but I can't seem to trigger a charge or climate on.

Yeah just tried a climate through RavCharge and it didn't go through even after 5 tries. I've had a couple users reporting intermittent issues with Entune over the last couple days too.

eschatfische said:
Is anyone else having trouble triggering a remote charge or remote climate today (3/3/2015)? The Entune app's picking up the status of the car from various events (end of charge, turned off, etc.), so I know the car's connected to the cell network, but
I can't seem to trigger a charge or climate on.

I'm having the same problem this week. I cannot remote charge via RavCharge or Entune. RavCharge won't force it to charge at 12am (TOU rate) like it normally does. :(

I started thinking it was my RAV EV, so I was about to make a service call, but maybe I'll hold off if it's on Toyota's side? Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. I'll put in a call when I get a chance. I'm very frustrated that Nuance can't keep the back end of this service running properly for Toyota, and I'm also not looking forward to trying to convince everyone at Toyota that no, I don't need to reinstall the app.

Fooljoe, are you able to send commands to your car?

Is anybody else able to send commands to the car in the past few days?

If so, maybe it is my car and I need to take it to the dealer. I'm currently on the phone with Entune customer support and filing a case #.

The problems I'm seeing are intermittent, but they seem to be getting worse. Last night RavCharge tried and failed to start the charge at 1am and 2am, but then I was able to start it with the "charge now" button at 2:45. Although now that I think of it it may have just been a coincidence that the car's timer kicked on to start the charge just after I sent the command.

I'm trying to start the climate now and it's not looking promising...

...and sure enough starting the climate failed. Entune's definitely having a protracted outage.

Entune wouldn't turn on Climate control (HEAT!) Wednesday morning. Just kept getting the message that it failed and to try again later.... which I did multiple times. It was 27F in Seattle and I really really wanted to preheat the car and battery before heading off. Finally ended up doing it manually in the car.

Charge management also failed to update charging status on several attempts, but after I'd tried 3-4 times on the climate control I went back to the charge screen and it had an updated (correct) status. Go figure. I then thought that since it finally updated the charge status maybe the climate control would work. WRONG!.

Sent the Request again at 11 pm WED and once again it reported that climate activation was not successful. What's going on?

Larry_in_Seattle said:
What's going on?
The people who actually run the servers involved don't know it's broken and not enough people have called Entune support to complain about it to get it escalated to the people who can do something about it. Please, everybody call. That's the only way it will get fixed.

Edit: I took my own advice and opened a case with the Customer Experience Center on this issue.

miimura said:
Larry_in_Seattle said:
What's going on?
The people who actually run the servers involved don't know it's broken and not enough people have called Entune support to complain about it to get it escalated to the people who can do something about it. Please, everybody call. That's the only way it will get fixed.

Edit: I took my own advice and opened a case with the Customer Experience Center on this issue.

I contacted Percy @ toyota to ask to reset the software thingie
_and_ implement some check to auto detect it stopped responding.

Let's see how/if they respond ;-)

This is even more frustrating where I live. We've had a few days with single digit temps. At the same time, my wife's Leaf Stat app is 99% reliable on her Leaf.

Yup it's nation wide, just started a ticket here as well. At least they are acknowledging that the problem is on their end...

Back