Rav4EV sighting

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally spotted 1 today in the wild (that doesn't count auto shows/driving events) and probably wasnn't waidy's. It was in south SJ sorta near where I live. It was a white one and I saw a white PiP parked in the driveway as well (had green HOV stickers).

IIRC, that house seems to be known for alternative fuel vehicles. I believe they have a Civic NGV as well but it wasn't there when I passed by.

My coworder has a blizzard pearl one and works at Google. Drove through MTN View about noon today.

There are two of the white ones at Google that i know of. Mine is a Blue one though. We both work in the same building and occasionally share a "charger spot" as they're in short supply at Google just now (too many EVs...)

n3ckf said:
My coworder has a blizzard pearl one and works at Google. Drove through MTN View about noon today.

There are two of the white ones at Google that i know of. Mine is a Blue one though. We both work in the same building and occasionally share a "charger spot" as they're in short supply at Google just now (too many EVs...)
They just need to install more charging stations... :)

Week of May 27th, sighted 2 Rav4 EV at Safeway Store - Bernal, Pleasanton, CA.
Both were charging next to each other. One was Blue and other Silver.

Mine is a Silver and I was just driving by the parking lot.
Was pleasantly surprised to see at least 3 of them in a parking lot at same time.

Today a Shoreline Blue Pearl passed me on Moody Rd. in Los Altos around 10:30 am. I was riding my bike and it was gettingonto Hwy 280, going south. I have seen a white one and a silver one on Canada Road near Woodside (not at the same time).

BTW, I see that mine (blizzard pearl 2013) is 1 VIN number away from nsckf's. Mine is 1633, and his is 1634.

I finally spotted one in the wild and not at a meet today in Gardena. I was at my wife's shop and I saw it it drive around the parking lot. I had to do a doubletake because I thought someone was driving off with my car!

n3ckf said:
which leads me to wonder, who has 1635?
According to Cars.com it's not sold.

RAV4_EV_1635.jpg

fun! so that means its brother-car will be sold in Southern California most likely. (I didnt know John Elway owned a dealership either!)

Spotted one today near Valley Fair Mall around noon. A woman was driving. I don't recall the color.

I saw a Model S parked at Valley Fair and I think I saw two more running around this morning...

cwerdna said:
Spotted one today near Valley Fair Mall around noon. A woman was driving. I don't recall the color.

I saw a Model S parked at Valley Fair and I think I saw two more running around this morning...
There are so many Model S cars around me that I lose count of sightings in a single day. Rarely a day goes by that I see less than 10.

Spotted my first wild RAV4 EV this Saturday morning!
Blue (like mine), near the Warm Springs Cabana Club in south Fremont -- probably there for the morning swim meet.
Anyone, anyone?

A white Model S was parked right behind it.

Spotted Rav4 EVs.

1) Silver purchased from Davis Toyota at the Campbell community center. I was the guy parked next to you in the Silver Rav.

2) Blue Rav off Bernal in Pleasanton, parked in the Safeway parking lot.

I came up to a stoplight a few weeks ago and there was a first generation RAV4EV in front of me. What are the odds of that?

Still nothing here in Ventura area... mine is the first that people I talk to have ever seen. Possibly due to the similar appearance to the ice model... of which I see many, especially Blizzard Pearl!

Mike - You might run into me as I live in Agoura Hills and my step daughter lives in Ventura. We will be making lots of trips to Ventura so keep a lookout for another Blizzard Pearl!

cwerdna said:
I finally spotted 1 today in the wild (that doesn't count auto shows/driving events) and probably wasnn't waidy's. It was in south SJ sorta near where I live. It was a white one and I saw a white PiP parked in the driveway as well (had green HOV stickers).

IIRC, that house seems to be known for alternative fuel vehicles. I believe they have a Civic NGV as well but it wasn't there when I passed by.
I saw the white Rav4 EV parked at that house again today. I presume they own one or have a regular visitor w/one.

foxwiz said:
Mike - You might run into me as I live in Agoura Hills and my step daughter lives in Ventura. We will be making lots of trips to Ventura so keep a lookout for another Blizzard Pearl!
I'll keep an eye peeled! I make it up the grade from time to time as well. :)

Back