Rav4EV sighting

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little surprised to come back to find my RAV4 EV next to two others at a municipal parking garage in downtown Oakland this afternoon. The other two appeared to be owned by the County of Alameda.

On June 21st, I was in the bay area on vacation. I was driving from Fairfield down to Monterey and stopped at the outlet mall in Gilroy. I saw a Blue RAV4 EV parked at a charger and nearby there was a Tesla charging station that first had a white (or was it silver?) and then later a maroon colored Model S.

Was that RAV4 EV any one of you?

Blizzard Pearl RAV4 EV sighted today July 9 while riding my bike:

- 10:14 am, San Mateo County: travelling S on Canada R, turned onto 280S entrance ramp
- 10:41 am, church parking lot in Portola Valley, CA

Could well be the same car. A forum member perhaps?
My latest game: see if I can count the number of Tesla Model Ss seen in various Woodside and Portola Valley parking lots.

Just saw a Silver one at lunch today. Driver was pulling out of Los Cabs off Newhope in Fountain Valley, CA.

I saw a dark grey Rav4 EV (haven't ever seen 1 on the road before) going south on 101 or 85 sometime past 6:30 pm on Sunday.

I was driving my brand new blue '13 Leaf SV from Boardwalk Nissan. Just began a 2 year lease today.

Saw a RAV4 EV on the 405 near Long Beach this morning. Had Michigan manufacturer license plate, perhaps someone from Toyota who works in Torrance.

My wife's coworker thinks she saw one behind her yesterday in Pittsford, NY (Upstate New York). I was thinking I was the only one around here but I guess it's possible.

Does anyone have a good estimate of how many are in CA and how many are outside CA?

Mike

Finally saw my first ever Rav4 EV! Was on highway 101 north and another white EV got behind me. Looked in the rear view and saw the blue EV badge and was psyched! He later pulled off the freeway and I gave him a wave. :ugeek:

I kind of felt like a blue whale finally seeing another blue whale in the ocean.

I saw a dark grey Rav4 EV (haven't ever seen 1 on the road before) going south on 101 or 85 sometime past 6:30 pm on Sunday, 7/28. I'm guessing it was actually Shoreline Blue Pearl.

I was driving my brand new blue '13 Leaf SV from Boardwalk Nissan. I'd just begun a 2 year lease on a '13 Leaf SV.

I sometimes see a silver (IIRC) Rav4 EV over near Valley Fair Mall on Saturdays a bit past noon. I think it's always a female driver.

Saw 2 this morning! A white Rav4 EV near the library in Davis... we waved. And then 10 minutes later a silver Rav4 EV heading south on 113 just near the junction with 80.

I came out of Halted Specialties (aka HSC Electronics) on Saturday in Sunnyvale and there was a White Rav4EV parked there in the customer lot. License plate starts with "6Z...." If it was yours, hi there :) (I was with a friend, so i didnt have my Rav4 with me)

EVBill said:
Spotted a white RAV4 EV going past the Long Beach aquarium yesterday.

That may have been me. I've gone down to charge at the Hyatt a few times.

Spotted a Shoreline Blue one today in Fountain Valley in front of Panda Express. Looked brand new with Carson Toyota plates on it still.

There's another Shoreline Blue Rav4 EV, with HOV stickers, charging near my Rav in the hospital parking lot at the UC Davis Hospital in Sacramento. Saw it last week too. Belong to anybody here?

Spotted one a white one at the EV charging spots of Target Pacific Commons in Fremont late Sunday afternoon. I might've even seen the driver but didn't talk to him. I was adding a bit of juice to my blue Leaf.

IIRC, it was new and didn't have plates yet.

GET THIS! We were driving ours down a road and saw two Rav 4 EVs drive by 1 minute apart in San Diego. The first time we've seen them in SD and they were one after another.

This morning I'm charging next to new white Rav4 EV, no plates, in the hospital parking lot at the UC Davis Hospital in Sacramento. Our numbers are increasing!

Spotted one today at around 9:15am, Mission blvd & 680 in Fremont.. A silver one.. I was on motorcycle though :)
Belongs to anyone here? By the way, mine is silver too.. Hesitated to get that color (blue was out of stock) and now I love it.. :)

Back