Rav4EV sighting

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
Spotted one a white one at the EV charging spots of Target Pacific Commons in Fremont late Sunday afternoon. I might've even seen the driver but didn't talk to him. I was adding a bit of juice to my blue Leaf.

IIRC, it was new and didn't have plates yet.

Hey, that was me! My wife and I were using the Chargepoint stations for the first time. :geek:

This week saw a Blizzard White one pulling out of Arroyo West School in Moorpark (Ventura County) where my daughter goes to school. She noticed it before I did!

Karen
2012 Classic Silver Rav4 EV
2013 Chevy Volt
2007 Honda Odyssey

At least you guys have a chance at a sighting ! I'm on the East Coast in Red Bank,New Jersey ! The lone wolf ! People don't even know what I'm driving here. It doesn't stick out, like a Tesla

TheMachiewon said:
At least you guys have a chance at a sighting ! I'm on the East Coast in Red Bank,New Jersey ! The lone wolf ! People don't even know what I'm driving here. It doesn't stick out, like a Tesla

I can totally relate to that neighbor! Glad to see I'm not the only one in New Jersey now.

Cheers,
Airton

We parked our new silver RAV in the handicapped charging spot in the Keller St garage in Petaluma yesterday afternoon. They have two chargers there and the other one was in use by a silver RAV. The EV space next to it was empty (no ICE'ing even though the lot was heavily used). When we came back after dinner and a movie there was a Tesla Model S charging and a blue RAV in the spot next to it waiting. It was nice to get a boost for our trip back to Occidental, otherwise it would have been close. We are often leaving only partially full since we are using the 120 volt cord to charge at home right now. We don't usually drive that much, but lately we have had a bunch of longish trips all bunched together during the week, so the RAV doesn't have time to get full. It must be that new car thrill. :D I use our 2002 RAV4-EV for most of my driving and we use the new one for trips together.

John

Well, this is a first: Saw a white Rav4EV on the Tustin Ranch Rd overpass to the I5, and then 5 min later, saw a different white Rav4EV on I5 southbound exiting the Hwy133. Mine is also white. Both were much cleaner and shinier than mine however ;). Great to see more on the road like that!

1st post here...

Occ,
Noticed you on my left in my peripheral vision as I was about to exit the 133. Figured it wasn't a prudent act to rubber neck and wave hi. See you 'round town.

Aloha

Totalchaos said:
1st post here...

Occ,
Noticed you on my left in my peripheral vision as I was about to exit the 133. Figured it wasn't a prudent act to rubber neck and wave hi. See you 'round town.

Aloha

How cool is that! Welcome to the forum Total ! If you're commuting around that time then, yeah, I'm sure we'll connect again on the I5. Happy EV'ing!

I'm doing my MBA at USC and in our group of 75 we have two Rav4EVs, two LEAFs and three TESLAS. Certainly a bit ahead of the curve compared to the general population, but 9% of our group has a BEV. Its great to see all these cars in the parking lot.

Saw a silver (?) one at the Santa Clara Valley Water District office (http://www.plugshare.com/?location=7989) on Saturday evening. It had no plates yet and the owner wasn't there.

I'd seen another Rav4 EV charging there maybe a month or two ago. IIRC the owner came bike on his bike. I think I might've been talking to the owner of a Fit EV (only comes in blue) that showed to charge up when the Rav4 EV owner returned.

Who in San Diego has a white RAV4 with a Tesla Inside sticker on back and a battery powered sticker by the charging port?

Whoever you are I just drove along side you in my RAV down Camino Ruiz in Mira Mesa tonight... :)

Just wondering if this person is on the forum. I commute down 101 south Petaluma to San Francisco, and I have see a Shoreline Blue as well going south. Just wanted to say hello and maybe here about you commute, to and from range etc. I am always a little sad when I see you drive by on the carpool lane with you stickers. I have not gotten min yet so I have to slow boat it with all the other cars. Hopefully getting mine this week or next from the dealer in this new plan they have to get stickers ahead of time for buyers of electrics.

I charged up next to a white Rav4 EV at Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento this morning. Had Folsom Lake license plate frames.

In that case, it wasn't my RAV4 EV. I passed by there on Saturday, not today. Would had given a thumbs-up also, if I had seen you. So far I have only seen one RAV4 EV in Irvine, a Blizzard Pearl, driving on Culver near Bryan about 3 weeks ago.

Back