Rav4EV sighting

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I have never seen one in Bakersfield or the Valley. I am probably the only one in Kern County. Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills is 90 miles from my house and therefore just within range on a warm day (remember, I have to climb over the Grapevine to get there). So far, no significant mechanical problems, so I only go back there for the q 5000 mi services.

At my daughter's Chinese New Year program Saturday morning in Palo Alto we had three RAVs, one of each color. We outnumbered the Leafs, Volts and Teslas combined! That doesn't happen often.

Michael Bornstein said:
Sadly, I have never seen one in Bakersfield or the Valley. I am probably the only one in Kern County. Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills is 90 miles from my house and therefore just within range on a warm day (remember, I have to climb over the Grapevine to get there). So far, no significant mechanical problems, so I only go back there for the q 5000 mi services.

I live in Stevenson Ranch, ( near Santa Clarita) and i see 2-3 blizzard pearls here.
So i can say the. valleys' well represented :D

I drive to bakersfield every now and then, about 5-6 times a month, but i have to use my other cars because there's no charging station in Bakersfield. ( im not counting the dealership).
Im talking about public access like chargepoint or blink.

With an extended charge i can get there BUT if i need to do a lot of driving in town, that's gonna be a problem.
And gas is 20-30cents cheaper in Kern county

Anyway, there's a charging station at flying J in Gorman.

I just dont want to spend an hour or so at a gas station to charge my EV.
Ironically, i see a lot of Tesla model S and some Leaf in Bakersfield.

From Gorman to Castaic (30-35miles) since it's mostly downhill, im only using 15-18 miles on the GOM or 2-4 bars of battery. And that's with speed between 70-80mph

I seem to be the only private owner of the rav4 Ev in New England. It loves snow . The second day I owned it I drove 121 miles in 20 degree weather without running out of charge. There are 17 level 2 charging stations that are free within 8 miles of my house. There is one chademo charger 4 miles from the house. I especially love the range it gives me and the faster charging than the other electrics I own, Ford transit connect electric, Chevy volt. The only other rav 4 Ev in New England is owned by a dealer in Wellesley. He uses it as his personal car. I got him to show it to me but he was asking too much for it.

Today, at Sharks Ice San Jose , another blue Rav4EV parked right next to me. This is the second time I've see this car there. The VIN ends in 03 ... mine ends in 06 :eek:

My wife saw a Blue/gray one like ours at the Petaluma Outlets. We live in Fairfax and that is the only one we've seen since December 26th when we bought ours.

Saw a White Rav4EV on Lawrence Expressway, pulled up behind it at the light at Tasman.

Yes that was me that rolled down my window and shouted "Nice Car!" at you :) a couple blocks later... I'm guessing your wife thought I was a nut :)

Actually that was the very first time i'd seen one in the flesh on the road while driving mine. I'd seen a couple while driving my Pathfinder though.

I was in Santa Clara at Kona Kai Tennis Courts and saw a Silver Rav4 EV in the parking both Saturday and Sunday.
I was asking around who owned it but no one knew.... :cool:

You're definitely NOT the only one up there. ;)

Michael Bornstein said:

On Mon Feb 10th 2014 the wife saw a White one with damaged to the
rear (so sorry ..) and a Silver one around 210 and 605 Fwy.

On Tue Feb 11th 2014 saw a White one with "4GETGAS" plate in
Santa Monica, then later that day saw a Blue one also in Santa Monica.

A couple of Saturdays ago at about noonish, I had my first RAV4EV sighting in the six months that we've had the car: a Blizzard Pearl going eastbound on the 118 transitioning to the 210 eastbound. Since I've been reading that there are some in Santa Clarita and the Santa Monica area, I'm surprised I haven't seen more! I'm in the north Valley and commute to the Westside on the 405 (23 miles).

occ said:
tjka4231 said:
I saw your RAV4 EV this morning on Pioneer Road going towards the school. I was going the opposite direction and waved but not sure you saw me. Looks like you have added window tint since the last time I saw your RAV4 EV.

Yeah, I did see you, almost last second!...gave an aloha wave, but I forgot my windows are tinted, so you may not have seen me. The tinted windows are great for the summer, but gotta remember to roll them down for the EV greetings! ;)

Hi OCC, saw you this afternoon with your aloha wave in the pouring rain. Hope you didn't get wet when you rolled down your window. Nice to see a friendly RAV4 EV greeting. :D

My first sighting of a RAV4 EV in the wild was this Monday March 17th. The blizzard pearl EV was exiting route 52 onto Regents / clairemont mesa Blvd at about 9:30 am here in San Diego. a gentleman was driving and the vehicle had the words "Gotta ..." on the rear plate holder.

Ironically i saw it while i was driving a Prius loaner after dropping my RAV4 EV off at the dealer due to the check engine warning...Alas.

There's a guy here in Sylmar that I've seen twice now and yesterday he saw me finally and honked and waved. Vehicle has new dealer plates so another is out there in the wild.

It's also a pearl while. :D

I happened to see a Blizzard White Pearl on Mira Mesa Blvd... First one I've seen so far here in San Diego. It is so rare to see a fellow Rav4EV owner. It's weird because I see at least one Tesla on the way to work or on my way home every day.

Saw a Silver Rav4 EV on Highway 49 about 2 miles north of San Andreas. I was on the way home heading south and they were heading north towards Mokelumne Hill and Jackson. Was that anyone here? I know one member has a house in Volcano. :)

TeslaInside ^_^ said:
I happened to see a Blizzard White Pearl on Mira Mesa Blvd... First one I've seen so far here in San Diego. It is so rare to see a fellow Rav4EV owner. It's weird because I see at least one Tesla on the way to work or on my way home every day.

Is the license plate "EVRAV4" or "QC POWER" ?

If so, that's me.

Back