5% battery degradation at 35K miles and 2 years

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

I have been using Tony's method to check on battery. It is returning with 138 and 139 miles reading. Is that bad for a car with 35k miles?

@ Cossie 1600

Maybe some other factors at work? How old is the car? Do you do standard vs. extended charge?

I got 142 miles on mine at 43,000 miles (21 months since purchase ). I seldom do extended charge (maybe 5 times total).

When you disconnect the battery and reconnect will you lose anything?

Radio presets and Nav destinations are two that come to mind.

Thanks
Mike

Kohler Controller said:
If the 12V battery is disconnected for ~5-7 hours, does that mean I have to reprogram my radio stations (which I would dread), or does the system have enough memory/capacitance to keep it stored during this test?

1) Stored radio / SiriusXM stations will remain, however your last station listened to will likely be gone

2) Cell phone pairings are not 100%, so I would check. i have had to delete my phone (and the car from my phone) and re-pair it

3) Map display mode

4) Volume of navigation voice notifications

5) Random play modes

6) Charge schedule will be retained, but it won't work without hitting the "SAVE" button on the previous screen

7) state selection from destination address page

Back